Diesel In Distress - Support Ticket Need Help ? Broke Down Or in Urgent Need Of Assistance Post Here , Thread Will Be Priority and You have the ability to close your own thread when its fixed . If You Do Not Reply in 10 Days your thread will be closed as we will assume its fixed , You can Reopen YOUR Discussion Topic if you wish .

Ready to beat this Cummins with a sledge hammer

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready to beat this Cummins with a sledge hammer

I bought a 5.9 Cummins a few weeks ago after about 9 months of research of the most reliable long term mileage getter diesel. I found a 1 owner 1998 1/2 Cummins 24v Diesel and bought it for what I thought was a good price (9k) and got all service records for it. Previous owner had most of the work always done at dealer and has FAAS already. I thought I got the dream truck for my hauling situation (10k enclosed trailer). Since I bought it, I have spent a lot of time waiting at shops to have various things repaired. First it was fuel filter day 2. Then brake line busted at 80 on the interstate. After that tranny fluid all over the place calling for new tranny lines. Short story long my truck has cost me nearly 2k in 2 weeks. I am thinking about using as a boat anchor. Currently the truck has developed a bad knock. I did a little research and thought maybe it was due to a leaking injector. I am currently on the East coast so I took it to a Cummins tech at the truck shop to inspect. After looking at the truck he thought cutting the filter was a good idea. I got a look at what appeared to be a bit of aluminum (as it was not attracted by the magnet) in the somewhat new filter (just changed oil about 1500 miles before). The shop basically quoted me 3k in labor alone to troubleshoot the motor issues. They advised basically they would have the rebuild it no matter what was wrong. Please help! I really need to keep this thing moving and I am currently in Mass (near Boston) right now and need to get home to Indiana with my trailer. Thanks!