6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 2013+ Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with DOC&DPF

Is the Tradesman package too Minimal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 03:35 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Tradesman package too Minimal?

Hey guys, So I am contemplating a new truck. I love my 03 silverado. But It needs some work, and I need to see what total cost is going to be vs worth. So I was looking at a '16 ram...my question is this. I plan on running the truck for about 150k miles. I am looking at a 2016, Ram 2500, 6.7 Crew Cab, 6 speed manual. I am looking at the tradesman since it is the cheapest, and I think I can get the best deal on it. The one I am looking at has the back up camera (in mirror i think not the radio), no carpet (which I am actually pretty ok with), it's got the radio 3.0 (which is kind of shitty since i have no bluetooth, or display for back up camera) and the gauges are very minimal.

My question is, depending on the price i can get it for, does anyone have the lowest package? Do you regret getting the base base model. The SLT package will add another 5k, and I don't think the upgraded radio/dash/carpet is really worth it.

I'd like to have a nicer radio/bluetooth/good sound etc...I have bose system now and love it.

I'm going to be making a decision by Thursday once I get repair costs on my truck, and time is money so once I decide I'll be looking to buy the following week.

Thanks for any input