6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

New 2012 still on order

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2012 still on order

Well, I ordered my '12 back in May, dealer told me I'd have it in 4 weeks! I guess they lied. They say the truck is in "D" Status. Anyone know what that means? Can't wait to get it. I'm researching the EGR/DPF deletes now. No need for anything more than stock power, just want to keep her healthy. I've noticed some of the EGR deletes have a hose for the coolant. This seems like a good idea to me, keeps the coolant flowing. Any opinions on this? Thanks

Old 07-29-2012, 12:08 AM

Don't know what D" means but if its like most dealerships it means dumba$$. Seems like a long time to wait on a truck. On my 2008 the EGR coolant line was blocked off, won't flow through it with all the parts missing Runs great now, I started out just wanting basic deletes but got a couple extras. MPG and reliability more important than racing but to each his own.......

Old 08-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Default Wrong Color!

Talked to the dealer today, the truck is on the train, delivery estimated around Aug 22. He sent me the shipping invoice- it's the wrong color! Dealer confirmed it- somehow it got changed from Deep Molten Red to Deep Cherry Red! I special ordered this truck because I wanted the Molten Red! I'm not a very happy camper at this point. They have offered me a check for $1000 to cover painting the custom painted camper top I have already purchased for this truck. I don't want a Cherry Red truck, they are telling me it is too late to order another 2012- and I darn sure don't want a 2013 with the DEF stuff. They are going to have to do a lot better than a check for $1000 for me to take this truck. I'm very disapointed. I either have to take a truck in a color I don't really want and paint a brand new camper top, or walk away with nothing. Haven't even mentioned getting my down payment back yet! No other dealers have a truck that fits my bill, as I ordered a Crew Cab Long Bed single rear wheel, with 4.10 gears, Longhorn 4x4. AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH. Just venting!!!

Old 08-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 114 Likes on 106 Posts

Sucks... sorry man....

Old 09-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Diesel Fan
Default Don't get screwed over!!!

WOW... that's all I can say is WOW.

YOU are the paying customer. Either they get it right, or they can stick it up their *****! That's what I'd be saying. I'd seriously go speak with an attorney at law and see what can be done. DON'T buy a truck that you didn't order. Just don't do it. I realize you don't want a POS 2013, but here's the thing... Perhaps you can get them to do one of several things:

1.) Repaint your 2012 truck the correct color, at the body shop of your choice, AT THEIR EXPENSE.

Remember, it's THEY who screwed up, NOT YOU.

2.) Get the correct truck in a 2013, and have all of the emissions crap removed or at least modified to 2012 emissions once you take ownership of it. Make sure you get everything in writing, no matter what you do. Oh, and I wouldn't worry about the warranty. Seriously, it's Chrysler and Cummins, and their warranties are basically useless trash anyhow. Have you read up on the horror stories that are out there, about how Chrysler Corp screws their customers on warranty claims at every turn? It's true. Have you ever heard of the dreaded "53" engine block. Cummins refuses to back any of them, and they all are defective trash that eventually crack and leak coolant. (Hmm, wonder how I know that???) Realize that the likelihood of this happening is slim to none, due to the Federal government will disallow modification of the emissions by them. You'd wind up having to do it all on your own I'd assume.

3.) Sue the dealership and make them pay dearly for their screw up. Then, either eat some crow and buy the bright red truck anyhow, or just totally f' them over and walk away.
There are always good used trucks out there for a helluva lot less money anyhow.

4.) Just walk away, telling them what "D" status really stands for. You don't have to take it if it's not what you ordered - no matter what anyone says.

Let's face it, they f'ed up the order and probably never ordered the truck in the first place. Then, when you bugged them about it, they checked and went, "Umm, Uh, oh... we didn't get his truck ordered". Then they ordered it but couldn't remember all of the specifics of what you wanted, so they guessed. Somehow, they got most of it right, but couldn't remember which red you wanted, so they guessed. They weren't about to call and tell you the truth about what was going on because you'd likely be pissed about what they'd done and might back out of the deal. Then, the lousy rat-bastard salesman might lose his fat commission, so they lied and did what they had to do to get the truck on it's way without ever really telling you what had actually happened. They almost lucked out, but screwed up on their paint color guess.

Whoops!

Douchebags, Dickbags, Dumbasses, Dillholes, Dilberts, Douchetards, Dumbfucks...
That's just some of what "D" status really means.

WOW...

Old 09-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Default Update on wrong color

Well, I finally got the truck last Friday. Yes, it is not the color I ordered. Dealer was pretty cool about it- it went all the way up to the regional Chrysler people. All that before I even talked to the dealer. I got BIG money off the price- I mean big money! For some reason, they did not think they could easily sell a SRW with the 4.10's I ordered. The truck is everything I wanted, the color is just a little lighter red. I do like the color, I also managed to get my camper top guy to send my special ordered topper off to another dealer somewhere who had someone wanting a Molten Red topper. I got super lucky on that! The regional chrysler guy said that the screwup was at the factory, not at the dealer. All the paperwork they ever gave me showed the corredt color, it was not until I looked at the shipping invoice, which the salesman had emailed me just for grins so I could see that the truck was finally on its way. I really have no reason to doubt the story. It isn't exactly the color I wanted, but it is a pretty truck. I would not have taken the deal if I couldn't live with the Cherry Red. The wife likes it better too. In all, I got around 11.5k off msrp. I know that includes the rebate. Lifeis short- I'm happy with the deal- it saved me enough money to do the deletes and buy a tuner, etc. In the end, I wanted the truck, didn't want to wait for another.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 114 Likes on 106 Posts

Ya I could live with a color for 11.5 K off the price tag glad it worked out and your happy!

Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Ltk
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

man 11.5k??? you lucked out!! you could repaint the truck top to bottom, do all your deletes/upgrades, exhaust, and everything and still come out with money in hand. snap a few pics if you dont mind. i LOVE longhorns! never seen a red one though thats why im curious