6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

headlights/interior lights flickering

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlights/interior lights flickering

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 4500 used as a tow truck. It has 240,000 miles on it. For the last 3 years I have used the Silver Star ultra headlights. Recently the headlights and all the interior lights flicker. It does not do it all the time. It will go for ten mins then it will be fine for 30 mins. I thought maybe the belt tensioner was acting up so I replaced that. I figured maybe the altenator was taking a crap so I replaced that. Problem is still there. This truck has for the last 2 years eating batteriesWe had to install a onboard trickle charger and we plug the truck in everynight or it will be dead the next day. I also want to add that This flickering problem started 3 weeks ago when we had a new set of batteries installed (DEKA). I have read a ton on this sit and I have heard, resitors, heavy duty harness, multi function switch ect I have no idea where to start and dont want to just guess and chang parts. Please help I am having the same issue on a 09 dodge ram 5500

Old 12-30-2011, 07:17 AM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

This was posted in the Introduction section. At the top of that section is this:
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*
This thread has been moved here as this is where it belongs, and it will get better coverage.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wonder if your ficm or tipm (fuse box) is acting up?? obviously something wrongs with the buss system??

Old 01-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you ever come up with a solution? We have an 08 4500 wrecker that has been doing the same thing. We have changed everything except for the ecm and the grid heater.