6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Radio and overhead message center

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio and overhead message center

Has anyone experianced the radio and overhead message center changing the setting when the ignition is turned off and then turned back on? I've noticed two beeps also on my tuner never had that before..... any help would be appreciated thanks guys!

Old 09-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,052 Likes on 557 Posts

Have you looked in the manual? I am sure it will tell you all about the overhead and what does what. Worth a shot.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Diesel Fan

so this morning I had a CEL and electronic throttle control symbol on the dash stopped by the local mechanic, he plugged in his diagnostic computer and was able to clear the CEL and other symbol, everything checked out ok on his computer, said no active codes 2509 was stored in memory (whatever that means). I'm still having the same issue with the radio and overhead management thing.... for the first three minutes after I start the truck the radio cannot be tuned and the management deal tells me need oil change, (just changed the oil) see dealer, and some other ****..... WTF ??? anybody??

Old 09-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,052 Likes on 557 Posts

Best I can do for you is give you a BUMP. Maybe someone else has had this issue and will chime in.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you clear the oil change memo after you changed the oil? If not, try that. I think you turn the key on but don't start and then press the throttle pedal to the floor three times in less than ten seconds. Turn the key off and start like normal. Hope it helps.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Diesel Fan

Thanks Peters but ya that was done.... actually someone else suggested I try the reset with the gas and brake pedals.. so I did, It caused a CEL to come on..... unbeleivable !!! the CEL and the electronic throttle just come and off ramdonly... and the radio and management are still the same..... actually the truck doesn't start as smooth as it used to...... and the tuner shows no codes...... very confusing

Old 09-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Diesel Fan

update ! last week when my issue started the Mechanic told me my batteries were fine, Today I stopped by and told them to put two new ones in it anyway...... who would of thunk it ??? so far..... so good! I've had weak batteries before..... never experianced a vehicle acting like that..... must be a Dodge thing.....