6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

are dpf the answer

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are dpf the answer

my buddy has a 08 dodge crew cab 4x4 auto a couple for the past 3 to 4 months his truck has been running like **** it was stock and it blew smoke even with all the emissions equipment on it got past 70k miles and finally talked him into deleting all the stuff 4in turbo back with muffler cold air intake egr delete and a smarty jr set on lowest level now his truck runs way better getting better mileage and i dont think it smokes at a all maybe a little puff if he mashes it to the floor

Old 02-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel
Received 213 Likes on 200 Posts

we have been selling several. it makes a big difference

Old 02-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Nope, DPF's and especially EGR's are not the answer IMO.

Why can't we get rid of EGR's and have some kind of factory water/meth injection? I think it would do the trick.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 367 Likes on 251 Posts

Dpf's and new emissions equipment sure seem like a way to increase equipment cost for inspection stations, raise cost of ownership, increase fuel consumption , and make it more difficult for owners to modify their vehicle. Just like the new psd anyone think about after warranty repair cost? Fines for anyone selling delete equipment or installing it (if customer didn't sign waiver) are some of the outrageous ever. Sure seems like the big guys forgot to help us and helped their selves

Old 02-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since its been mentioned here... What are the fines for removing the dpf egr cat and all that stuff?? If I should get pulled over and they want to inspect my truck is it a fixit ticket or am I going to get spanked?

Old 02-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 367 Likes on 251 Posts

I'm not sure on the owner and I'm sure there is federal and state levels that vary. I know that if they catch someone inspecting a dpf truck in nc and later its determined that the components were not on the truck when inspected the station can be fined up to 15k tech up to 5k (iirc) and it can even come with a felony. And according to license and theft in nc removing them is a federal crime, and punishable according to the situation. I'm not sure how correct that is but our l&t inspector carries a gun and handcuffs. I won't argue the point

Old 02-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Diesel Fan

all im saying my friends truck seems to run cleaner and more effcient without all the junk on it i thought all the junk was supposed to save the world

Old 02-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive never figured that out either.. You burn more fuel have less performance and you polute less. Sooo burning more fuel equal less polution. Its beyond my simple logical mind.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 PM

the oil companies cant even keep em running up here on the north slope I just had them tow a ford back to deadhorse for repair it was in reduced power mode, all the newer models don't last, we all scramble to get older trucks for our projects...

Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by mysterync
I'm not sure on the owner and I'm sure there is federal and state levels that vary. I know that if they catch someone inspecting a dpf truck in nc and later its determined that the components were not on the truck when inspected the station can be fined up to 15k tech up to 5k (iirc) and it can even come with a felony. And according to license and theft in nc removing them is a federal crime, and punishable according to the situation. I'm not sure how correct that is but our l&t inspector carries a gun and handcuffs. I won't argue the point
I didnt think they did emissions on diesel vehicles in NC? They just did a safety inspection on mine this year. Can you clarify that for me, I'm new to this state.

Quick Reply: are dpf the answer