6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

6.7L Cummins Larger Capacity Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6.7L Cummins Larger Capacity Radiator

Would there be any interest in a larger capacity radiator for the 6.7L?

I am going to drop mine off at my local radiator shop tomorrow to see if we can find a suitable larger core that would drop in without much issue..

Would anyone else be interested, depending on price?

Got some good leads so far, there seems to be plenty of room to go with a thicker actual "Core" and still be a little narrower than the actual tank width.

Take a closer look at a stock radiator and you should understand what I mean.. they aren't even taking advantage of the width they have.. it necks down almost 1/2 inch on either side from the tanks to the core!

I will keep everyone posted, I might be able to make this a production part in the end!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

said it before on the other forum but i want one eventually might help the jumping around on temps on wot runs and good for towing

Old 08-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Diesel Fan

Have to see what happens. Doesn't seem to be the 6.7L following here like on CF..
I figured some people on here might be interested.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

there's a following just not so sure on the amount of people, remember there's pretty much only cummins guys over there whereas this site supports all makes and models of diesels

Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Diesel Fan

Ok, I have had some discussions with my Radiator shop.

While building and mass producing a larger radiator would be awesome, I'm not sure it would be feasible as the first few would probably cost in excess of $1100

However, they have deduced that the bottom THIRD of the stock radiator isn't getting utilized properly due to the location of the lower radiator hose.. if you've looked you'll see that it is 2/3rd the way down the radiator. The coolant is going to take the quickest way out so the bottom may remain somewhat stagnant compared to the flow through the upper part of the radiator.

They are going to be modifying my stock radiator to slow the water down along with re-directing the water through the bottom portion so it gets utilized more efficiently.

I will test this "mod" on my truck and if everything works out we might start an exchange program, IE have 2 or 3 radiators on hand, then take good cores on exchange.

I will keep everyone posted.

The following users liked this post:
dodgeram082500 (08-07-2010)
Old 08-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds good i like the idea. i had the same idea about the intercooler take it out an take the inlet and outlet and open them up it 3.5 instead of 3 cause it is all about flow. i think it should flow alot better with all piping the same size