Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/)
-   -   New 2010 Cummins..help finding some easy first B.O.M.B.S. (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/53736-new-2010-cummins-help-finding-some-easy-first-b-o-m-b-s.html)

flyingcrodeo 09-21-2010 03:44 PM

oh ok then yeah i wanna do that thanks never really knew what that was i did just didnt know they called it that

Alligator Vinny 09-21-2010 05:28 PM

Glad I could clear that up for you:rocking:

Any other questions don't be shy, ask away!

wildbill 09-21-2010 06:47 PM

Like a few members said on here, stay with the factory air filter. If the engine demanded more air than the filter could allow, it'll suck the filter minder in. If that happens, your air filter probably needs changed.

Hummin Cummins 09-22-2010 08:14 AM

why delete the egr cooler on the 2010 it is my understanding that the H&S turns it completey off I know my intake temp is just a little bit warmer then outside air temp with the egr running it was always 140-150 degres

flyingcrodeo 09-27-2010 12:40 AM

It will turn the egr off? Is there control valves in the system that will shut it off?:humm:

redruM 09-27-2010 09:39 AM

FWIW ANY PROGRAMMER CAN BE DETECTED IF THE DEALER WANTS TO CHECK CERTAIN PARAMETERS.

I HAVE RUN A SMARTY JR AND DELETES FOR 7k MILES, MY ONLY PROBLEM IS AN OVERHEAD MESSAGE THAT SAYS DPF FULL SEE DEALER :)

I DOWNLOADED THE LATEST TUNE 23ME FOR IT AND THAT HAS TAKEN CARE OF THE OVERHEAD MESSAGE.

I OPTED FOR THE SMARTY BECAUSE IT HAS A GOOD REP AND WAS 1/2 THE PRICE :tu:

Wyatt Earp 09-28-2010 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Alligator Vinny (Post 624311)
The EGR cooler delete will get rid of the EGR cooler completely. It will clean about 65 pounds of crap out from under your hood. It will increase throttle response and reduce soot build up in the intake and the turbo.

The EGR recirculates spent exhaust gasses through your intake. So think of it like shoving a vacuum cleaner hose in your tailpipe and then putting the other end in your mouth and trying to go for a jog. Then try going for the same jog breathing nice fresh clean air.

That is how the EGR works. It is just plain stupid and counter productive. It is hurting your engine by building up black soot through out your intake system including the most common side effect which is gummed up turbos because the variable veins can not move because they are covered in soot.

Here is a picture of under the hood of our 2010 6.7L you can see how clean it is under there now.

Those are great pictures. I am on the fence about getting a new truck and will wait until the money improves anyway but was wondering what your thoughts are on the stock F350 6.7 vs. a stock Cummins 6.7. One has Urea injection and the other does not.

mjb45631 10-10-2010 01:10 PM

Gauges

Just bought a 2010 ram, would like to put some gauges on it, was wondering if there is a digital setup that I can get that will just plug into the obd port? Not looking for a tuner, just some digital gauges that will give me all the same readings as the traditional Trio gauges? Thanks

Wyatt Earp 10-10-2010 01:59 PM

There is a decent set up that you can get from ISSPRO if memory serves.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD 10-11-2010 07:57 PM

edge insite is wat you would want then

Originally Posted by mjb45631 (Post 634311)
Just bought a 2010 ram, would like to put some gauges on it, was wondering if there is a digital setup that I can get that will just plug into the obd port? Not looking for a tuner, just some digital gauges that will give me all the same readings as the traditional Trio gauges? Thanks