6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Emissions Recall J35

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 186 Likes on 159 Posts

If it is an actual recall and you have been notified personally by letter, then I would take it in. There are probably many issues that nobody on this board or anywhere on the Internet for that matter may be aware of that could adversely affect your truck. Plus, if related problems crop up later you could be denied warranty for failing to have the required updates performed. I believe the emissions warranty runs quite a ways, just don't know the actual numbers these days. That goes for the powertrain warranty as well.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI - in cali if you have an emissions related recall pending you will not be able to get current registration until it is completed.

mines going back to stock before august ...

Old 04-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What does a guy like me do????????I took all that junk off and put it in the barn.

The following users liked this post:
sharknan (04-30-2010)
Old 04-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emissions Recall J35

here is the up-date at least for me, I went to my local Dodge dealer and talked with the service manager about my letter, I mentioned that I am happy with my Ram and have not had any issues with it and I am reluctant to have the recall done. He told me that, if I was happy and am having no problems I dont have to have it done. He also stated that if at anytime down the road I start having problems I could still have it done at a later date. He said Dodge will continue sending letters out, but, this recall is not a mandatory recall, there fore I am not haveing the recall done on mine.
Anyway I hope this may help any others who have had a letter sent to them.

Retired sarg

Old 04-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Administrator

Received 340 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by NadirPoint
If it is an actual recall and you have been notified personally by letter, then I would take it in. There are probably many issues that nobody on this board or anywhere on the Internet for that matter may be aware of that could adversely affect your truck. Plus, if related problems crop up later you could be denied warranty for failing to have the required updates performed. I believe the emissions warranty runs quite a ways, just don't know the actual numbers these days. That goes for the powertrain warranty as well.
i agree totally

Old 05-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the same letter last week... last night I get home from a business trip, 2nd time the truck moves since I got home and the damn engine light comes on... No idea why. Truck's all stock other then an s&b intake I put on it when the original air filter got dirty...

Gues I'm taking it in now, mine as well since the damn light is on.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

16,000 on my truck took in today have not seen any changes all stock

Old 05-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the new program put in my ruck... only thing I have noticed is the mpg seemed to have picked up

Code that happened to pop up was something fuel filter related, I jsut had that done about 1000 miles ago, my guess is the computer has a built in timer that will come on every x amount of miles, for a fuel filter issue, so that way you change it/have it changed... and they didn't reset it when it was last in.

Since Monday, the mpg on my 75 mph 60 mile round trip commute has bumped from about 17 up to 17.9.... and I haven't changed a thing other then the tune getting put in. Whatever it did, it seems to have helped the mpg. Power and the manners of the truck seem to have remained the same.

I'd be curious what I'd get if I actually kept it at 65... I'd guess up near 20. I'll have to try it next tank... gonna be painful to go that slow though.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 186 Likes on 159 Posts

flashphobia(1)   // Show Spelled[flashfobeea] Show IPA

–noun

1. innate fear of cameras or photography.
2. irrational fear of Chrysler StarScan machines.

The following users liked this post:
Red_Rattler (05-15-2010)
Old 05-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

took mine in for the new program today, on my all stock truck the only difference that i see is that the engine lights isnt burning. other than that same damn truck. finicky son of bi(&*

Quick Reply: Emissions Recall J35