6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Turbo trouble ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ever hear of a 6.7 guru named polarico?

his imploded on his 6.7 so thats enough for me...im goin with s&b ,,been using the xdi its pretty good,,just wanting to try somethin new ...

Old 03-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

S&B and all those other "cold" air intakes are no different or better.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sad thing is most of the supposed cold air intakes are no such thing. The factory air box at least try's to pull most of it's air from outside. The open box under hood just pulls hot air that is stuck under your hood. And it is hot in there. Know many guys that love there K&N's or what have you, And they flow with less restriction. But they do have A very high maintenance regime to keep them effective. Those banks kits that pull from down at the bumper level are cool and all if you only drive highway in good weather. Gotta get A shaker hood, Ram air hood, Or A Cowl to get cold air better then the factory box. And I have caved A few different styles of filters in different setups on my 03. 36 PSI of peak boost will do that to you. As in all things if your lazy and don't want to take care of it then drive A stock truck and take it to the dealer for service. If K&N produces such crap how did they get so good at selling it.....? How about the others? Don't see a bunch of other guys jumpin on the they are all snake oil salesmen, Band wagon. And yes there are purpose built diesel air filters, designed to handle the required flow needed. that's what all these company's hire a-hole engineers for. Even the factory ones have speck flow rate requirements that have to be met also why they have the replace your filter dummy...... Vac gauge on the air box. Which is A very good thing to steal if you are changing. And introduce it into your new system. Good luck Duffy.

Rhino.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

For fun do what i did..i cut a k&n apart once and its pretty scary that i trust two layers of panty hose samwiched in between to pieces of screen door screen that is bent and formed for strength. I dont know what angered me more..paying 300 for that or protecting 10K worth of motor with that.......

Old 03-07-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by BLACK RHINO
If K&N produces such crap how did they get so good at selling it.....?
The same way the Tornado intake swirler, 8" exhaust tips, "HHO" scams and teflon based oil additives got so popular; Lack of consumer education about the product.

And yes there are purpose built diesel air filters, designed to handle the required flow needed.
AKA, a large filter. A filter is a filter, no such thing as a gas engine or diesel engine air filter.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Diesel Fan

When did any of those things get popular????? Or was it just they had alot of infomercials.... And you were the guy that tested them all???? Is that what makes you A authority on the subject? Your kidding me about your examples right..??? You have something more realistic to reference against.... Cause if not then I will be sittin in the corner... Enjoying some... And waitin to . Don't worry it is alright. I know you have no idea what you are talking about. And I understand that based on your knowledge of the subject.. I am calling you A liar. And that is A hard thing to take. And now this is going to throw you off on A rant and all that. But really do you think these filter companies got to be worth millions of dollars by dusting motors??? The consumer backlash would be in the range of the examples you have just given to me. Truly sir. I am sorry. But there are many that know little of these subjects cruising around gleaning information for their own use. And if you have A axe to grind then either be forthright about it. Or try to be more helpful then belligerent. As far as the subject goes I have offered what I know to be fact. Those that choose to read it can buy in or disregard at their discretion. Thanks.

Rhino.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by BLACK RHINO
When did any of those things get popular?
Years ago and they are still popular today, especially HHO scams.

And you were the guy that tested them all
Why should I waste money on them when science has proven them all not to work, and in many cases to be harmful to the engine.

I am calling you A liar.
Ooooooo, a troll calling me a liar. I'm insulted (not).

But really do you think these filter companies got to be worth millions of dollars by dusting motors?
Yes. Do you have any comprehension of how many vehicles are on the road and how many people there are in the world to buy them?
Toyota had 37 people DIE before something was done about their runaway cars, do you honestly think people are going to have the ***** to take on a multi-million dollar company for making low quality and ineffective air filters?

But there are many that know little of these subjects cruising around gleaning information for their own use.
You being a fine example. Thank you.

And if you have A axe to grind then either be forthright about it.
No, just trying to educate people so they don't waste their money on worthless crap.

Or try to be more helpful then belligerent.
Just like you? Sure.

Last edited by ForcedInduction; 03-08-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Diesel Fan

... The average North American car sales has been in the 4.5 to 6 million new units per month over the last couple years.. And people take on large companies all the time.... Regardless, It has been fun.... Hey DUFFY how's your turbo noise doin??? Still stayin quiet???

Rhino.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:10 PM

This message is hidden because BLACK RHINO is on your ignore list.
LOL, I love trolls who actually try.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am speechless trubo doing ok thankyou

Quick Reply: Turbo trouble ?