6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

TSB 1802409 - no more Smarty - uh oh!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Whoever dreamed this up should be gut shot and throwen in a ditch somewhere.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:19 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

I talked to a Cummins tech and Dodge has really screwed this new truck up, they can't even directly communicate with there own computer, they have to go through the Dodge computer system to communicate.

It has made it hard for them to do there own programs on these new trucks.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, talk to your dealer about the automatic flash deal, I have not heard of this, as a matter of fact Chrysler does not want the PCM flashed unless there is a symptom or concern. Chrysler will not pay the dealership to flash just because the truck comes in for an oil change.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by 00' Quad Cab
I talked to a Cummins tech and Dodge has really screwed this new truck up, they can't even directly communicate with there own computer, they have to go through the Dodge computer system to communicate.

It has made it hard for them to do there own programs on these new trucks.
wont that be something when the aftermarket guys are more sucessful at cracking their code than the manufacturer itself... it's like they're buying their own sand to be kicked up in there while they get screwed from their own intentions of screwing us

Old 09-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by tower_ofpower
wont that be something when the aftermarket guys are more sucessful at cracking their code than the manufacturer itself... it's like they're buying their own sand to be kicked up in there while they get screwed from their own intentions of screwing us
Not really about wanting to screw us, on the new engines Cummins cannot (like they have in the past) plug directly into the ECM to check on or run there own diagnostics or programs.

That's what I was trying to put out there.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Banned
Received 3,297 Likes on 1,640 Posts

then you just get an entire performance ecm like other vehicles you cannot program via the obd port

Old 09-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel
Received 213 Likes on 200 Posts

i got email from mads thursday and they said they hope to have a fix for lockout this week.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I had mine in for some warranty work and they did the same thing, bullydog did not recognise it, but the smarty loaded right up. next time you have to take it in, go and buy a lock box and make it fit over the obd port and lock the ******** out! out of the big 3 dodge is the only one doing this bs.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Its funny you say that;

I was talking to a few techs that work at the local dealership. They said a woman came in with a truck for some maintenance like brakes or something. They put their wireless OBD controller on there and went to scan the computer and it just fried.

They then tried again with another obd reader and it also fried.

After further inspection the woman had moved her obd up under the dash out of access and placed a "fake/dummy" port where the old one would be located. She then had an inverter and rectifier setup off the battery to step up the DC voltage with a transformer to something like 100v and fed it to every connection on the dummy OBD port.

They are pursuing litigation against the lady and her defense is you dont need my ECM to change the brakes nor were you authorized to do so.

We shall see what happens.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If she did not authroize it their ain't a damn thing they can do. bar says if you fix something and did not get auth then it is on you. had a customer pull it on me one time but i was smart enough to log the call and get his dl # as proof of auth, he lost!

Quick Reply: TSB 1802409 - no more Smarty - uh oh!!!