6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

o.k. P2262, is this the start of the nightmare?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default o.k. P2262, is this the start of the nightmare?

I got the P2262 this morning on my way to work, after I just opened my mouth and stated I have had no problems. Insert foot I know, 101xx miles on the truck (08 2500 6.7 ctd)

Next thursday the truck goes in to get worked on... I imagine this is emmissions related.... ?

If this is emmissions related, what do I have to do to:

Eliminate the EGR completely

remove the cat and DPF.

Stop the truck from going into regen and get it to run right?

I'm not really looking for more power, at this point I just want the truck to run right.

Anyone want to send me a quote on the parts needed to eliminate the EGR, DPF, CAT, and whatever I need to tune these things out (smarty I assume?)

Worst part, is every 2 years I'll have to undo everything and put the stock stuff back on to bring it thru emmissions. Better use some good/easy to remove bolts, as they're gonna be getting getting reused alot.

Boo bluetech LOL!

Old 08-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

They are make diesel trucks pass emissions in CT now?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 85 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by jl ws-6
I got the P2262 this morning on my way to work, after I just opened my mouth and stated I have had no problems. Insert foot I know, 101xx miles on the truck (08 2500 6.7 ctd)

Next thursday the truck goes in to get worked on... I imagine this is emmissions related.... ?

If this is emmissions related, what do I have to do to:

Eliminate the EGR completely

remove the cat and DPF.

Stop the truck from going into regen and get it to run right?

I'm not really looking for more power, at this point I just want the truck to run right.

Anyone want to send me a quote on the parts needed to eliminate the EGR, DPF, CAT, and whatever I need to tune these things out (smarty I assume?)

Worst part, is every 2 years I'll have to undo everything and put the stock stuff back on to bring it thru emmissions. Better use some good/easy to remove bolts, as they're gonna be getting getting reused alot.

Boo bluetech LOL!
P2262-turbocharger Boost Pressure Not Detected - Mechanical
More than likely your turbo is dirty and clogged with soot, which will make the nozzle hang up.
If your turbo hasn't been drilled and tapped for the cleanout port, that's more than likely what will happen when you take it in. Once that's done, they can inject the cleaning solution and get things cleaned up and working properly again. Worst case scenario, you get a new turbo.
Eliminating the EGR, DPF, Cat, and NOX trap, along with a tuner such as the Smarty or XRT, will get rid of the soot problem, as well as the regen cycles. If you're not looking to run a bunch of extra power, you can always run the lower horsepower tunes. You will still see better mileage and few if any problems.
Sent you a PM also.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Low power setting will be fine, the truck does what I want it to now with no issues, I have a racecar already LOL (truck is used to tow that and the daily commute)

Added mileage would be great, I get about 17 on my round trip to work now that is 60 miles, 55 of which is highway. But, I'm a 75 to 80 mph guy too, 65 it's about 19, so if it gets better, great.

Just want the thing to run like it should.... hopefully the code which we cleared will pop back up before next thursday, so that way the stealership will actually fix it. I wish we didnt' clear it now, but I wanted to make sure it was really a problem before bringing it in. Truck hasn't been running bad, it seems fine, that's the funny part.

Turbo back (4 inch) should be plenty, along with the tuner, egr delete, and probably a banks cold air kit, which will go on once the stock air filter is dirty (soon)

Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Well, I'm supposed to drop the truck off tomorrow... I've ptu about 600 miles on it since the code came up and we just cleared it and the engine light is still off.

I drove thet hell otu of it at 75 or so on the highway to and from work (30 miles each way, roughly 1/2 an hour) in 5th gear winding it up around 2500.... and it hasn't come back on yet.

Is there any chance that getting the thing good and hot for a few days burnt everything out and it's good now? If the light isn't on, I already know the dealer isn't going to do anything with it..... at this point if it's not on by tomorrow I'm probably going to have to cancel dropping it off...

Any input? I really don't want the dealer locking the PCM that I read they are doing now.... so even if it does come back on I am explicitly telling them NOT to download any new software into the truck without my written permission first, if the light comes back on and it goes in.

I'm contemplating just ordering the smarty and turbo back exhaust, and any simulators and EGR delete stuff I need to rip all that stuff off the truck. But, I'm not sure if I should do that, or if I should let the dealer fix it first, then do that stuff. If I just pull teh emmissions stuff, will the turbo clean itself out once the emmissions stuff isn't there choking it off anymore?

What to do........

Old 09-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

service manager told me that the Turbo Cleaning Solution aint worth a ****...he recommended using carburetor cleaner or brake cleaner...said it worked alot better..just remove the EGR and ****, wont have 2 worry bout it then..thats what i did, problem free ever since..my problem was bad EGR valve and made this truck smoke worse than my ol 5.9 did anyday...awesome smoke, but shitty power...stupid emissions

Old 09-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

So far, so good. NO engine light, no serivce soon on teh overhead.... nothing.

I'm gonna give it a couple weeks, then if there's a way to ditch the EGR without setting a light, I'm gonna do that and an intake (air filter is about due so I figure mine as well)

I'll run it that way for a while... then eventually put a tuner on it and the 5 inch catback, along with a boost and egt ga. I figure with the stock tune I'm not gonna hurt anything.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

screw the catback...do 5" turbo back, sounds better, and alot better results...if u block the egr itll set off a CEL, unless u ziptie it up and leave it plugged in with the plates on the intake horn..and removing the DPF ull get a CEL for differential pressure being 2 low...i use Edge 2 clear on startup and dont have ne CEL's.