6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry HELP!!

I've got a 7.5 6.7L and the DPF went missing a few months ago. Have had no problems with my H&S delete until recent. Truck is trying to regen and I can't figure out why. James with RSD is sending me some new SIMS but I ohmed out my current SIMS and they are all the same. The EDGE clears all codes on startup so there is no CEL but as soon as I drive about a 1/4 mile, she starts smoking like hell and the Edge is alerting that a regen is taking place. Then I get a "DPF Ristriction-Ash Accumulation" code.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm afraid to drive the truck and not havins wheels is killing me.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from what H&S tells me you cannot stack the XRT with anything else like an edge.....

Old 07-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 85 Likes on 63 Posts

I don't think he's running the XRT.
The extra smoke is from the 4th injection cycle not being turned off. Sounds like it's still trying to go into regen mode.
I'd get in touch with Casey at H&S. I'm sure he'll get you pointed in the right direction.

The following users liked this post:
kfarris (07-23-2009)
Old 07-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Diesel Fan

I drove the truck today and as expected she tried to regen...stalled a little and it sounded like the exhaust brake was on, but it wasn't. It quit after about 5 minutes and has been fine all day but I expect the problem will return. I am hoping RSD will get me the updated SIMS. From what I hear they have some sort of counter that resets the emission. Guess I should just get the new Smarty and be done with it....

Old 07-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kfarris
I drove the truck today and as expected she tried to regen...stalled a little and it sounded like the exhaust brake was on, but it wasn't. It quit after about 5 minutes and has been fine all day but I expect the problem will return. I am hoping RSD will get me the updated SIMS. From what I hear they have some sort of counter that resets the emission. Guess I should just get the new Smarty and be done with it....
Smarty or XRT man. Either way and nore more problems!

Old 07-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Diesel Wrench

Sounds to me like the SIMS are what is causing your problem. Regeneration isn't dictated by a counter, but by the signal it receives from the sensors in your exhaust. If it senses the flow/pressure to be outside acceptable limits...it tells the computer the DPF needs to be cleaned out...so it goes into regen. The sims act as a fooler telling the ECM that everything is fine.
It may be possible that your turbo is dirty and hanging up a bit when you started it. Depending on the vane position it can make it sound like the exhuast brake is on.

If you can swing it, I'd go ahead and get a Smarty or XRT and not have to worry about those problems anymore. I haven't had any codes at all since I installed ME14 software(latest update) on my Smarty. As of this weekend, I have access to an XRT also, so I'll get to see firsthand how it does as well.
Hopefully you'll get all your bugs worked out pretty soon.

The following users liked this post:
kfarris (07-25-2009)
Old 07-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oooo i saw that he was using the H&S delete just figured he was running the XRT.....My bad

Old 07-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Diesel Fan

OK, still waiting on my new Sims so at least I can get my truck back to normal. For a good fix, was considering the XRT but these guys are taking their sweet time helping me out of this jam so I am back to he Smarty. Any preferences out there?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Diesel Wrench

OK, still waiting on my new Sims so at least I can get my truck back to normal. For a good fix, was considering the XRT but these guys are taking their sweet time helping me out of this jam so I am back to he Smarty. Any preferences out there?
I sent you a PM with some info that will help you out.
JB

Old 07-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Diesel Fan

New sims arrived and I'm all good....No codes
Sure 'nough gonna get me one o' them Smarty's though.