6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

what works?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what works?????

I am new here hi too all. Iv been reading around for about a week iv got an 08 3500 dully. Love the truck sick of the problems. want to do the deletes, probably keep the cat. use the truck as a daily driver and haul a 16000 lb toy hauler when i get the time. ok so to the point dont have all the money in the world so i want to get it wright the first time. the real question is what delete to get dpf-r or h&s. to do a complete EGR delete or just put in plates to block it off, what intake to get, and do i get edge w/ juice or PMT and do i stack it with the MP-8. im looking to rid myself of the headache get the best MPG that I can get.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's really no right way to go about it. its all your preference. i have the dpf-r delete kit and so far i havent had any trouble with it at all. my egr and cooler are gone, which i think wasnt completely necessary, blocking it would've worked fine. S&B or AFE seem to be favorite, i have a banks but i wouldnt recommend it, ya pay for the name. i have the edge juice w/ attitude stacked with the MP-8. i have just under 10,000 miles on my truck, and im still getting 16.5 empty, but its the winter blend diesel and its -10F outside. but the extra power those two give me is rather impressive. i pulled a 25 foot trailor with an excavator and a kubota on it and i dont really think my truck cared it was there. i noticed a difference but with the edge at 3 and the mp-8 turned 1/2 it was pretty mean

its up to you how you bomb your truck. just dont forget everyone has their own opinions, and thats all they are.

Good Luck!

Last edited by cdiesel217; 01-15-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

For mild mods i recommend the Edge, if you plan on going big get the PMT. H&S or DPF-R both work fine. Just unplug the EGR valve. Thats all that is needed there. MP-8 is a great stack for added MPGs. That should get you where you want to be with reliability and MPGs and Power.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I unplug my EGR plug and still has some black soot going through. In my case the valve was not 100 % shut. So I ended up plugging bot side of it and removing the pipe that going cross.

After EGR delete, I am noticing that truck is much loader, also, the turbo is much much pronounced. Every now and then I loose power. So, I put it in nutral and then back to gear and it is fine after ward. Any idea what this might be? I have the engine ligt and the throttle voltage light on.

I am still waiting for Smarty. Hope to see it in action in a couple of months. They are road testing it now.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You shouldnt have the lightning bolt. Something is amiss there. Does it sound like the truck is gasping for air? If so you need to remove the butterfly valve in the intake horn. I posted up some pictures and instructions here on the site that show it step by step.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I have removed the butterfly valve already.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:21 PM

thank you for your help that was what i was thanking there is almost a $200 diff in the DPF deletes if they work the same it seems a no brainer

Old 01-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Diesel Fan

I would say go BADP dpf delete..... Their new Gen 2 will have the Egr delete program in the gen 2 box. This program is on a couple trucks. will be out for release this coming week for the public... u will not have to run an eadge or pmt to clear codes... I have their Gen 2 AY box.... 0 CODES ..... will be updating to the Gen 2 w/egr delete when i get back in town

Last edited by kcpanages; 01-17-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:32 AM

who sells that kit

Old 01-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by zasvig
who sells that kit
ktperformance.net go to his web site and go to contact us.... get his number and call him..... he will do a package deal on all the stuff u want... he knows my truck up and down and what we have had problems with and what worked for us.....

Quick Reply: what works?????