6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Need help with my parents truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my parents truck

I’m sure this has been asked a million times before but I need some help with my 74 year old parents 2008 ram 2500 6.7. The dpf is plugged up again for the 3rd time and I think it’s time too do the deletes the truck has 160000 miles on it and is used to pull a large 5th wheel camper. I want to do turbo back exhaust and EGR delete but I’m having a real problem with what tuner I need to buy to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 09-15-2019, 08:25 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would advise you to contact Anarchy Diesel and have them help you through this. There are so many programmers and tunes on the market, and the bad thing about picking one or letting someone sway you to a tune they are running is it might not be the best for your particular need. Anarchy has a very good reputation and that is based on experience. They can help you find a tune that will give you some more power and fuel economy without getting into extremely advanced injection timing. Advancing the injection timing will give better fuel economy and power but puts the head gasket at risk, especially when towing. I realize that tuning can be a little costly but a bad tune will be a lot more spendy in the long run. Also, you might check on transmission tuning if their truck has an automatic, as it can help keep it running with more power going into it.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Heyman
I would advise you to contact Anarchy Diesel and have them help you through this. There are so many programmers and tunes on the market, and the bad thing about picking one or letting someone sway you to a tune they are running is it might not be the best for your particular need. Anarchy has a very good reputation and that is based on experience. They can help you find a tune that will give you some more power and fuel economy without getting into extremely advanced injection timing. Advancing the injection timing will give better fuel economy and power but puts the head gasket at risk, especially when towing. I realize that tuning can be a little costly but a bad tune will be a lot more spendy in the long run. Also, you might check on transmission tuning if their truck has an automatic, as it can help keep it running with more power going into it.
Thank you. Everything you said is exactly why I’m having so much trouble picking a tuner. Everybody has a different opinion on what I should buy so I really like the advice you gave me. Thanks again

Old 09-30-2019, 09:57 AM
Default Anarchy

I did get a tuner from Anarchy Diesel the tune is great so far. But they forgot the cable for the tuner by the time I realized that fact I was done with the deletes and my own truck was down and I emailed them on Saturday about the cable I needed it by Tuesday because I was taking my parents truck to the job site over 500 miles away pulling a 20000 pound trailer. Anarchy called me on Monday and said they had a cable for me at a shop about 46 miles away. The tech Caleb that called me was awesome!!! Can’t say as much for the guy I was emailing the “owner I think” after i got the truck going and was about half way to my destination I email him with how the truck was running and asked a few questions and to this day I never received a response. Do to the missing cable and not answering my questions i can’t recommend Anarchy Diesel in good faith.

Old 10-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Diesel Fan

Larry, I am sorry you had such a bummer experience with Anarchy. I am glad that their truck is running well with the new delete and tune. What tune/tuner did you go with? I just recently had mine retuned with EZlink 50hp tow tune, as I lost the head gasket running the H&S Mini. I guess I should have recommended Starlite diesel tuning in Salt Lake City, maybe they would have been better to deal with.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:42 AM
Default Sorry to hear about your truck

I went with an EFI live with a 5 level tune that they recommended. I went with the extra levels in case in the future Dad wants to do more upgrades. But I’ve been driving it a lot since the deletes and tune and I’m worried about it just running the level one tune “stock” I’m seeing boost pressure pushing 40 psi and getting weird map sensor readings on my edge insight.

Last edited by Larry72; 10-06-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:43 PM
Diesel Fan

From what I have read and heard, a tuned truck shouldn't be run in the stock setting. Maybe you should try the #2 setting, which is usually more of a tow setting and see how it does. A friend of the family drives a company Ram Cummins 6.7 that has a single EFI live 60hp tow tune and makes about 20+ mpg driving his 60 mi. each way commute without any trouble, and all 9 of the company Rams are set up with this tune and have a lot more miles than your parents truck..

Old 10-07-2019, 08:56 AM

Thanks again. I drove the truck to work last night still on level 1babying it all the way then I saw your reply and put on level 2 before coming home this morning. No more over speeding the turbo and the map readings were where they should be. 👍

Old 10-18-2019, 10:32 AM
Default Update

The truck is running very good and my dad is happy with it other then the fact it rolls coal on heavy acceleration. He is thinking of doing a transmission upgrade and head studs over the winter. Maybe I will get my super snake back!!! Dads an old drag racer and every time I have his truck he takes my mustang😀

Old 01-24-2020, 06:28 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the EFI tune for over 3 yrs. now and I have the 5 position switch. I love the tow settings and I kept my truck on setting 1 which is modified stock. My truck is nothing special, just a modified stock 2008 Ram 2500 MegaCAB 4wd 6.7 cummins. The one thing I can warn is what I am going through right now. If you change your tire size, the EFI live tuners can not adjust your speedometer to compensate for larger tires. I have been emailing EFI live and MotorOPS about this for the last 3 weeks. The end result is that EFI live does not have a setting for the tuners to adjust the speedometer, You would think this is a basic thing that all tuners would have, but I guess it is not.

Hi Mike,
Tire size is not a parameter that EFI Live supports in their Software which is why we can’t edit it. We are limited by the parameters that are available in the software.866-867-1593 EXT 410 |
170 Ambassador Drive Unit 8 Mississauga, ON L5T2H9 | steve@motorops.ca | motorops.ca
Steve Gadd General Manager, Motor Ops

Quick Reply: Need help with my parents truck