6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

6.7 cummins turbo problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.7 cummins turbo problem

Hey guys I have problem. I have a 2009 cummins 6 speed manual with a DPF delete. So my truck's turbo does not boost correctly. I have to nearly redline the engine to get the turbo spinning and the truck blows a lot of smoke and is very underpowered. The turbo will spin but the VGT fins won't seem to work correctly. The weird part though is that I think it is some sort of electrical problem because there are times I start the truck up and the turbo boosts normally but other times I start the truck up and the turbo doesn't work. I was wondering is my turbo actuator going out or is my tuner interfering with the turbo. The tuner I have is this cheap tuner thats deletes the codes for a DPF delete. I have had the turbo cleaned so that doesn't seem to be the problem. This is the tuner I have, I'm not sure what its called: DPF Delete Electronics for Dodge Cummins 6.7L 2007-12 - DPF Delete Tuners

Old 05-01-2016, 01:42 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never heard of that delete tuner, have heard of Vgt module problems though, and intermittent turbo problems. Try unhooking the delete tuner. Hopefully your Vgt module is alright, there spendy!