6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

A picture of a broken steering SHAFT

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A picture of a broken steering SHAFT

Just a picture of a 2009 4x4 with a broken gearbox SHAFT .
Please inspect yours on a regular basis . Maybe at each oil change. People can and have been hurt and killed because of RANDOM failure of this component. ( Death Wobble) It happens to 1500, 2500 , 3500 Dodge trucks mostly between 2003 - and 2009 . It can be 2 wheel drive OR 4 wheel drive lifted or stock.
https://locker.att.net/app/?shareCod...2012@gmail.com

Old 10-10-2015, 03:20 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 347 Likes on 309 Posts

Thanks for posting this we should get a moderator to sticky this!!
Pretty sure this is a Dodge bulletin right? It should be if not.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also posted this on cummins diesel forums and the story of how my sister in law was killed. Because her SPLINED SHAFT FROM THE GEARBOX BROKE . She took her truck to the dealership because of front end vibration. They changed the ball joints and said that took care of the problem. 2 weeks later the SPLINED SHAFT Broke. Both front tires went opposite directions and the truck flipped 3 times end of story. Although Fiat Chrysler Association want to settle out of court, that's not happening. So anyone who knows lawyers will know who is our lawyer. Enough said . ALSO ON THE OTHER FORUM (cummins diesel ) . Please search Heavy6.7Ram threads the last 2 post will give you all the advice you should need. REMEMBER IT IS ONLY RANDOM TRUCKS PLEASE CHECK YOUR TRUCK BUT DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. JUST CHECK FOR THIS EVERY OIL CHANGE. I CHANGED MY STEERING GEARBOX OUT WITH A AFTERMARKET ONE. I LUV MY CUMMINS BUT LIKE MY DODGE.