6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

2009 Ram 2500 Power locks INOP

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Ram 2500 Power locks INOP

I have been through every thread I can find and none have my same set of problems. First off out of the blue my drivers door lock quit working with the fob or the switch, had to lock/unlock with the key in the door. the lock will move freely to manual lock it by hand as well. It was just the drivers door for several days. I was on my way home for the weekend from work and after 2 and a half hours of driving all the locks in the truck started twitching very fast, (not all the way up or down) just out of the blue then very soon after that I smelled a electrical burning smell for a minute or two. I was close so I went on home. Now the drivers door is the same but the other doors will only lock with the fob and the switch now, not unlock. In summation, the driver door does nothing and the rest only lock with either power option? I am a versed technician and pretty good with electrical but I can't find a diagram of the cluster itself so I am stumped. actually I can't find a module diagram of the cluster

Old 03-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My 07 had wires break in that accordion thing in the door have you checked?

Old 03-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't pulled it apart yet but I read that somewhere. I'm out of town for work right now but this weekend I'm going to pull it apart and check. thanks for the input