6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Anyone got a clear answer on how to fix the "death wobble"

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone got a clear answer on how to fix the "death wobble"

K guys I know there is a few posts about this problem, but none seem to give a proper answer on what exactly fixes it. I just got a bad wobble on the highway yesterday and just about lost my street bike out of the back. Was so F*cking mad that Dodge built such a piece of **** truck, like really. Anyways From what I've read the track bar is the main issue. So what is a good kit to go with? Also would upgrading your stabilizer shock work or going with a dual shock stabilzer kit? My truck is a 2007 mega cab 3500. Some one please help, the last thing I want it to loose control on the highway and have a head on collision because Dodge can't build a front end.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 123 Likes on 108 Posts

Its not just one thing that causes it they all arentvthe same issue I have seen shock bushings do it. Tie rods. Loose pitman arms. You have to find the part that is loose and its not the truck that causes it I think its just poor maintenance of the truck I have 37 x13.50 tires and strait as an arrow at 100mph but I did get DW once and it was a loose tie rod to pitman arm. Any slack in a tie rod will for sure cause it

Old 03-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Go to rock solid ram steering

Old 03-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a skyjacker dual steering stabilizer on my 99 2500 ram and that fixed the issue, about 150.00. Check the track bar bushings and steering gear box too. Mine had play after the stabilizer install and the death wobble issue was fixed, but I went ahead and replaced them to stop wandering at highway speeds.