6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

6.7 cummins deletes

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.7 cummins deletes

With the dpf deletes done, is there further benefit to do the egr delete? Can I just unplug it and get same result?

Is it necessary to change the down pipe at the turbo? I understand there is an additional cat in it. How much restriction does it cause?

Do you need a tuner that is specific to the deletes you're doing? ex: If I do the dpf/cat and egr deletes, do I need a tuner specificly for that purpose? Will the tuner shut the codes and dash lights up at or before startup? how long does it take?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Do most tuners offer different horsepower settings?

How much HP can I add on my stock 6-speed auto?

Y'all got all that?

Last edited by wingfoot99; 11-14-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by wingfoot99
With the dpf deletes done, is there further benefit to do the egr delete? Can I just unplug it and get same result?

Is it necessary to change the down pipe at the turbo? I understand there is an additional cat in it. How much restriction does it cause?

Do you need a tuner that is specific to the deletes you're doing? ex: If I do the dpf/cat and egr deletes, do I need a tuner specificly for that purpose? Will the tuner shut the codes and dash lights up at or before startup? how long does it take?

Do most tuners offer different horsepower settings?

How much HP can I add on my stock 6-speed auto?

Y'all got all that?
your best bet is to remove ALL of the exhaust, the Downpipe can be a bugger to get off.. either you have to cut it in front of the transmission crossmember or you unbolt the transmission mount and slide it down out of there.
You will need a tuner, by simply unplugging the egr you will throw codes and you will have a check engine light on and the truck might possibly go into limp mode. Yes you will need a specific tuner with the DPF & EGR delete. There are only a handful of tuners left that offer this. EFI live, smarty with the ME files, and some of the H&S tuners.
I opted to get rid of my EGR stuff all together.. this eliminates the cross over tube, exhaust cooler, and EGR valve iteself. Less restriction.
My mileage went from 16.5 to 19.5 on the highway at 70 and from 17 to almost 24 in the 55 mph zones...

Old 11-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Rooster. I may have seen enough youtube videos to actually do it myself. Was hoping to avoid taking off the down pipe and just do the short pipe replacement for the cat and dpf on the horizontal. Think I'll keep my muffler. My goal is the mileage and a few more horses as I said before. I'm retired and pull a long and heavy horse trailer with living quarters. A recent trip in the Ozarks and some of the steep inclines there convinced me to sell my '99 2500 Dodge. She was really grunting and shuddering. I thought I was gonna shell out the auto tranny.

Will any of these tuners offer different horsepower settings?

How much extra HP will my 6-speed auto tolerate?

Really apprecate your willingness to share the knowledge.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by wingfoot99
Thanks, Rooster.

Will any of these tuners offer different horsepower settings?

Yes they do offer hp gains

How much extra HP will my 6-speed auto tolerate?

I wouldnt go much over 60 hp. especially when towing your horse trailer.

Really apprecate your willingness to share the knowledge.

Not a problem!! I am very happy with my deletes!!

The following users liked this post:
lukesdiesel (11-15-2013)