6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Atf blowing out dipstick, gear hunting, pushing thru breaks at stop

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atf blowing out dipstick, gear hunting, pushing thru breaks at stop

The Truck2008 Megacab 68,000 Miles. Truck Wants To Push Thru The Breakes At Stop Lights. Then Recently ItsBlowing Atf Out The Dipstick Tube. Hunts For Gears And Goes In And Out Of Lockup. Sometimes It Shifts Absolutely Perfect And Maintains 105 DegreeTemps. Throws Codes About Fluid Pressure Low And Forgetting The Three Codes. I Reset Them With My Mini Max. I'm In North Dakota Working And Need The Truck Daily And Get Home To Colorado Also. Any Ideas?

Sorry For The STupid Capital Letters. My Phones A Pile

Last edited by shilo; 11-04-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: mistype
Old 11-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had that problem with my 05 after the trans was completely rebuilt I kno the 68rfe are different but there were two pressure sensors on the valve body took me all Of 20 mins to do on my back drop the trans pan and unbolt the valve body replaced with dodge ones never had the problem again

Old 12-16-2013, 10:21 PM
GMB
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem immediately following my new tranny from ATS. My truck seemed to want to push through the brakes. ATS put in a stage 4 68fre that I drove home from Denver to Vegas after the install. I took it back to ATS two weeks later and they fixed it. They did not give me details but said it was an electrical problem. I have over 5k since the second time to Denver and couldn't be happier.

Don't know if this help buy it might give you a clue. If you want, I can reach out to them and see if they can give me more details. It might help you.