6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Deletes before warranty up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=ShaineDTFD;990309](obviously with deletes. (MBRP doesn't have an actualy full system with the dpf delete, you have to part it out which I don't want to do.))

????I guess Im confused. I just purchased a MRBP exhaust just a 4" aluminized. I havent recieved it yet still in a UPS somewhere out there. My question was about the you saying there is not one with the full delete. What makes it not a full delete if its a turbo back? having a blond moment plz help

Old 03-04-2013, 10:41 AM
FormerVendor
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Got me on that one also, We have many DPF delete options from MBRP on that truck

The following users liked this post:
KillStroker (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Per the MBRP website, and a couple different vendors I was looking at, they only provide a filter back exhaust system on the 6.7 cummins. This is why coors man 2005 said go with the 04.5-07 5.9 system. Its about the same mock up because the body styles are almost exact with just a few variables.

But, on the MBRP website, they do offer a down pipe from turbo, as well as a cat/dpf delete pipe, I just haven't found a full turbo back/dpf delete system for the 6.7 cummins.

Another question I have, I had to change out front U-Joints and both front axle joints last week, while I was under the truck, I noticed the 2 stainless lines connected to the filters. The mechanic said they were part of the regen system and it sprayed diesel into the filter when it goes into regen mode to help clean it out, he also said he didnt know you could actually do the dpf delete due to that. Now, obviously those lines would be plugged as part of the delete, am I right? And why would they spray diesel into the filters in the first place? Makes no sense to me. But then again, I am Polish, and I tend to be stumped quite a bit. Lmao

Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Alligator Diesel Performance has a whole line of turbo back MBRP exhaust systems at a decent price..just a heads up.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Diesel Fan

Yea, I was just lookin at Tylers website and found one in the XP series 5" turbo back. As soon as I have the cabbage, I'll be ordering it. .

Old 03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

I hear ya id like to have gotten a 5 but the savings was nice

Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 09 is four inches longer in the frame than the 06. I would check the length before I bought it. The 06 thru 08 are the same length but they made them longer in 09 to eliminate the fire issuses eith the 07.5 and 08 models. It might fit any way but I'd check first.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 123 Likes on 108 Posts

Another question I have, I had to change out front U-Joints and both front axle joints last week, while I was under the truck, I noticed the 2 stainless lines connected to the filters. The mechanic said they were part of the regen system and it sprayed diesel into the filter when it goes into regen mode to help clean it out, he also said he didnt know you could actually do the dpf delete due to that. Now, obviously those lines would be plugged as part of the delete, am I right? And why would they spray diesel into the filters in the first place? Makes no sense to me. But then again, I am Polish, and I tend to be stumped quite a bit. Lmao[/QUOTE]

these lines are (NOT) fuel lines they are pressure sensor lines he's not much of a mechanic. the regen fuel still runs through the motorthen to the exhaust. if you follow them lines they go to a sensor on the pass side of your trans. just go to parts store and buy vacumm line caps jus to keep the dirt out. i dont think your sensor will produce much fuel. if it does ill buy it this goes in hand with what i got asked yesterday. another mechanic told my buddy when he does his deletes he cant shut the regen off because it cleans the combustion chambers and the injectors. said nothing that it was to clean the exhaust. what the hell are these so called mechanics thinking. now we know why when we go to the stealer ship to get work done why our trucks come out worse then they went in.

Last edited by coors_man_2005; 03-04-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Diesel Fan

Right on man. See I didnt say it, but I was thinkin, man, I think you're wrong. Obviously they wouldn't offer DPF delete kits for you to instal on your truck only for it to not work after having spent a grand on it. And Peters, Tylers at Truckwurx has a system on his site that is 04-09 5" turbo back. So, I think it should work.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So i have a question on those pressure sensor lines, do they even need to be capped?

Quick Reply: Deletes before warranty up?