6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Smarty Jr. Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smarty Jr. Question

New guy here and thanks for reading the post.

So I bought a 2007 2500 Mega W/6.7 from the local dealership. It has 224,000 mi on it but doesn't look like it has ever had a program on it or any mods. The problem I am having is that I keep getting a DPF filter full code and the engine is operating at reduced power. I discovered that the filter has been removed and the Mech. at the dealership told me that I was getting the code because the Differential press. sensor was not seeing the correct filter pressures. Not sure what to believe at this point.

My question is that will I run into any issues after running the Smarty DPF delete program since the DPF is already removed?

The reason I ask is that I bought a Turbo back exhaust and EGR/Cooler delete kit to go with the Smarty Jr. ME. I was told to install the Program prior to installing the mods.

Any feedback or advice is appreciated.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel
Received 213 Likes on 200 Posts

that is right. install the smarty with the me tune on it and install your exhaust etc.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I installed the smarty jr me after I installed the dpf and egr and no problems. Semper Fi. Got a son over in afganistan now.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Diesel Fan

That makes me feel a little better about the situation - Dealership hasn't been straight forward since I bought it so my guard is up.

Thanks for the reply!

Semper Fi - No one left behind.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel
Received 213 Likes on 200 Posts

i would say somebody removed the smarty after they traded it in.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

After you install it you can go through and clear codes.smarty is very easy to use.check the p.o.d power on demand setting mine was at 99%the you don't want that or you can damage clutch or auto tranny 75% is where I have mine.you will just have to play with it a little.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by diesel pap
i would say somebody removed the smarty after they traded it in.
That is what I was thinking too ...or that they didn't want to pay for the DPF replacement and tried to cut it out like a D.A. thinking that no one would notice or call them out on it.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by baddodges
After you install it you can go through and clear codes.smarty is very easy to use.check the p.o.d power on demand setting mine was at 99%the you don't want that or you can damage clutch or auto tranny 75% is where I have mine.you will just have to play with it a little.
I'll do that, thanks for the pointer. I really don't plan on using any of the other settings but stock until I get comfortable with the program ...and I figure out if I bought a time bomb or not.

Last edited by USMC041205; 11-03-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-03-2012, 02:39 PM
FormerVendor
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The only reason they tell you to install tuning first is to make sure the truck accepts the tuning without any issues, if you do the deletes first and have problems with the tuning the truck will go into limp mode and won't run.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by Tyler@TWX
The only reason they tell you to install tuning first is to make sure the truck accepts the tuning without any issues, if you do the deletes first and have problems with the tuning the truck will go into limp mode and won't run.
Got it, that make since. Thanks for the reply.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Diesel Fan
Default The DPF is there ...

So, I looked under the truck and saw the can where the DPF is located. I'm not sure why they told me the DPF wasn't installed. Unless there a way to remove the filter inside the can or is it one unit like a Cat?

With that being said, can I still use the Smarty Jr. ME with stock exhaust until I can get the MBRP turbo back exhaust installed? I am assuming that since the filter is there the code telling me "filter full" is correct....? I read something somewhere referring to back pressure on the engine in regards to the DPF ...Any input folks?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Smarty Jr. Question