6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Tuner stacking

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuner stacking

I am just getting to the modding part on my 2008 6.7l Cummins. I was going to wait and do the Smarty, but I found 2 programmers that I may be able to use together and be ok. Here's what I found, and I need advice if it's a good deal or not and if it will even work. I found a Edge Juice w/attitude for $250. I understand it has the gauges in it to keep an eye on egt, boost, trans temp, etc. I also found a H&S XRT racing tuner (that's what the ad says) I think it may be an XRT pro for $400. I think this is just a tuner that you can turn off the light after doing all the dpf and egr deletes. My question...can these two be used together? Use the Edge for gauges and the H&S for the deletes. I am actually going to try to get the H&S for $300 which would make it $550 for gauges and a delete tuner. This may not even work, but I wanted to put it out there and see what everyone thought. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to get all the info out there.
My primary purpose for doing this is just to help with mileage, longevity and little more power for pulling hills when I am pulling my trailer.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts

Yes you could use the Edge for Gauges only and the H&S for the deletes.

Luke

Old 10-19-2012, 10:08 AM

When you do this do you do away with the Juice box and just run the Attitude. Sorry if this is a dumb question. This is my first tuner install, and I am trying to make since of how it all works. Thanks for the reply.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:41 AM
FormerVendor
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Forget about stacking and just do EFI live, No stacking required better results

Old 10-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts
Old 10-22-2012, 03:20 AM

I like the stacked you tube video. I went to Dallas this weekend and bought the Edge programmer and when I got home I found out it had an extra connection not shown in the installation instructions. My Juice has part number 30007. I think I figured out that the extra wire goes to the EGR valve. I have my crossover tube blocked and the EGR valve unplugged now and I really don't want to take the plug out. Does anyone have any input on whether the plug needs to be removed?

Tyler I may end up with the EFI live before it's over. I will keep you in mind.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Ok. I found the correct installation instructions for the model I have. The wires in question go to the MAP sensor. I guess this is an older version and the newer version does not hook to the MAP sensor. I have Edge Juice W/Attitude part #30107 and I assume the newer part # is 30108.

Last edited by fedxtech; 10-22-2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel
Received 213 Likes on 200 Posts

i run the juice with att. for gauges and a smarty for tuning. you can run the edge you gauges and the h&s xrt for a tuner.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts

You will connect edge like normal but will just run it on level 0 which is stock.

Luke

Old 10-22-2012, 08:30 PM

Ok. That's what I thought.

Before I worry about that I have a whole other set of issues. I may have got took.
I got it all hooked up and here's what I have now. I am not sure if it is working or not. I think it is, but it may be in my head. I hooked it up and ran it up to operating temp. All looked good except I had a Brake light, ABS light, and check engine. I cleared all codes and they all stayed on. I turned on the cruise and set the high idle and it would not work until it got up to operating temperature. I figure this is normal. Here's where it starts to suck. I went for a test drive and first thing I noticed is the speedometer didn't work which in turn means the trip computer for mileage, odo, etc doesn't work. The cruise doesn't work now along with my engine brake. I tried setting everything back to defaule settings. It didn't work. Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,052 Likes on 557 Posts

I agree with Tyler, get EFIlive and never look back!

Quick Reply: Tuner stacking