5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Help Please Communication and Injector issue!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please Communication and Injector issue!

I have an 05 5.9 CR that I know has an injector problem to start with. I took it to a shop with a DRBIII and they could not communicate with the computer to do any testing. But I had it at a tranny shop 2 months ago and they were able to communicate with what I would guess was the TCM. Any body know if the tranny shop would have had to go through the ecm at all to get there readings for the trans.

Also I went through the fuse box and found a 10A instead of 20A fuse in the cig lighter spot and and no fuse in the heated mirror spot and a blown one for the trailer battery??? Later today i am going to use a dvom to check for power at the dlc. Also a thread mentioned unhooking the fan since it gets a 5v reference from the same circuit. How you unhook it at the fuse or at the plug.

Situation sucks since I cant drive it anywhere with the white smoke issue and I cant get it fixed. I need to get the communication established so they can test the injectors, but with no scan tool of my own how am I supposed to know if what I am doing to it is fixing the problem. Hope someone has had this problem and can help.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:03 PM
BOMBARDIER

Received 667 Likes on 553 Posts

You need a DRB II scanner, not a DRB III.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like a Starscan? he tried one of those on it to with the same results. I looked up info on a DRB II and it said 94 and earlier.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:02 PM
BOMBARDIER

Received 667 Likes on 553 Posts

Looks like you need to have them keep it a while. You either got a bad ECM, wiring issue, or a voltage issue at the connector.