5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

2004.5 Does ECM Re-Flash reset the TPS???

Old 12-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 2004.5 Does ECM Re-Flash reset the TPS???

Im having some surging issues, Im changing the FCA and having the ECM Re-Flashed and was planning on re-setting the TPS or APPS, I am being told that the re-flash and resetting of the ECM will also reset the TPS or APPS.

Can someone confirm this for me please and thank you?

Old 12-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

id say fca will fix your surge. tps should take care of itself. it doesnt "reset" ecm sends power to it and figures out where your throttle pedal is by how much power it sees coming back. the ecm has base calibrations and can adjust from there on its own without you having to do a calibration procedure. - on a side note how do you like that thunder 330?

The following users liked this post:
Rand1544 (12-20-2011)
Old 12-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you for the help, I'm getting the FCA thursday and the re-flash Thursday afternoon, hopefully that will fix the problem.

The Thunder 330 has been good, still think I need bigger up top to keep the egt's in check but I dont want to take a hit on the spool up. It seems to flatten out on top. I believe the wastegate is blowing by at this point, had it apart to check the wastegate and could see where it wasn't sealing up completely, I was losing boost and a loud whistle after 25lbs. After messing with it the whistle is gone but still not building the boost it should. I think im going to put the stocker back on and send it to II to be checked out.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:02 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

I know they had a good price on them for a while, caught my eye but, like you said it was just too small for what I needed. I tried one of their phatshaft turbos 66mm ind. It ran pretty strong deff. had alot on the top end but it was real peaky came in fast and hard, the bullseye power turbos seem to be very good, Ive been in contact with them going over some options. I love the batmowheel turbos

Search this Thread