5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

HELP ME WITH NEW TIRES!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default HELP ME WITH NEW TIRES!!!!

When i bought my truck the dealership put brand new 35-1250-r17 on my truck and after 9000 these POS federal couragia M/T are splitting on the side walls. they fall under manufacturer warranty. but i have the opportunity to trade up receiving full retail price of the federals, what do i do??? do i get the toyo's M/T? or Mickey Thompson Baja Claw? or the Trail Grappler Tire by Nitto??? im really leaning towards the nitto's. but im open to any and all suggestions, as long as they are the same size

Old 11-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i am on my second set of the trails i really like them and the toyos but i havent ever messed with the mickeys

Old 11-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I would run either the toyo or the nitto. Both are good tires. Trails will prolly last a lil longer and be better in the winter.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

ok well going with the trail grappler M/T nittos, there getting installed friday. will post pics of old tires

Old 11-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 11-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the chance to run my trails on the snow and ice this last weekend. They did much better than I thought they would. They were great in the powder and I couldn't tell much difference on the ice than my BFG A/T's or Cepeks. The things I noticed about the Baja Claws was I only got 25000 on regular rotations and they were waaay louder than the trails. I've never owned the toyo m/t's because of a horrible experience with a/t's ten years ago. I love the trails though, with the exception of the mpg hit I took. Well worth the capability off road though if you use them for that.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

right on thanks for the info

Old 11-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sell the heck out of pro comp extreme all terrains (XAT). Had one complaint where a guy's were extremely loud on his ford and wore out quick. made no sense. every other set has been great. I ran a couple sets of 37/20's and got 60k-ish each set. Had their x-terrains and got 50k.

they're quiet and very smooth... balance great and the price is right. if you wait until march there might be another buy 3 get 1 free deal.

I have kumho road venture mt's right now... ran a set of those when they came out in 05 and had better results than now. They look cool and last a long time but I'm not a big fan. they're loud and the design coupled with being directional they kind of get a stepped wear if you don't rotate constantly.

Not a fan of the nitto mud grapplers... the terra's do well but it's a street tire... I think you'll dig the trail grapplers... might give those a whirl next go round.

BFG all terrains are tried and true and the new KM2's are great, pretty quiet, but wear a little quick on heavier rigs. They hook up great everywhere though.

Lots of people sing the praises of toyo mts but I usually end up with many of those folks at my place after 20k getting pro comps.

I know you said you got the trail grapplers so this is just info for whomever at this point. Just my $.02

Old 11-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hankook Dynapro M/S

Old 11-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I think the dynapros will be my next purchase. I would like something a little quieter than the pitbull rocker radials I am running right now. They are awesome tires for everything though. The pitbulls grab ice, rocks, trees, pavement....anything you can throw at em. They are a tough tire as well. Just a lil loud. (aka airplane loud....bout on par with mud grapplers or boggers)

Quick Reply: HELP ME WITH NEW TIRES!!!!