5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

fire wall insulation almost caught fire WTF!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Default fire wall insulation almost caught fire WTF!!!!!!

so i drove up to avon colo from denver in my brothers 2003 3500 drw and smoke and nasty smell was coming from the ac vents, so i poped the hood and i see alot of smoke cominig off the firewall and i start feelin around the firewall to find the source and the insulation was smoldering all over , by the fuell filter , exhaust, behind the valve cover , and the truck was running normal at 200 i just put a 5in silverline exhaust in but it was not touching anything and i dont think it would get hot enough anyway and they put that silver heat sheild there also so i just poured water on it and riped all the insulation off the fire wall and it was burned all over and i still didnot find the source has this happened to anybody else

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

nobody has any ideas on this

Last edited by 1993firstgennewbie; 07-27-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has he run any wires through the firewall for lights or anything that could have shorted out causing it to catch fire?

Old 07-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by KingCopa
Has he run any wires through the firewall for lights or anything that could have shorted out causing it to catch fire?
no nothing looks to be touched back there well actualy the truck has subs but they are sill working fine and they were in when he bought the truck the newest thing is the 5in silverline exhaust but like i said that didnt look to be the source i will be able to get a better look at it as soon as it gets back from the shop with a new radiator man this pass is starting to realy take a tole on this truck