5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Who's Running 315 BFG's

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who's Running 315 BFG's

I've been reading alot about BFG's (315's in particular)and wobble ( having experienced true death wobble in my Jeep Cherokee I'm not reading anything that I would call "Death" wobble).

Anyways, I'm looking to see who is running the 315/70/17 and now experiences a wobble, and who has no problems what so ever!

I have a brand new set in the garage waiting to get mounted and balanced, just wondering what my odds are going to be. I will be installing the Kore Recon kit, custom lower and upper control arms and the Thuren track bar, also have a set of H2's to run them on.

Thanks for everyones time

Gary

Old 12-05-2007, 10:56 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 132 Likes on 111 Posts

Im not running 315's but 35x12.5x17 which is virtually the same, and I have no issues....and I drive like an idiot most times! I did run 33's prior to this and liked how they handled much better, but I need the clearance for where I drive every day for work.

No problems so far.....

Old 12-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

I ran them for around 5k miles...then they go impossible to balance that I had to get rid of them...I will never own another BFG truck tire...

steved

Old 12-06-2007, 05:33 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Dad had em on his 05 CTD (bfg AT's) no issues only a little rubbing on the lower control arms at full clock. (stock suspension) he wore that set out and went to mastercraft courser AT's currently

coursers 315's
Name:  4-19-07021.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  93.2 KB
bfg's 315's
Name:  d660.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  21.8 KB

Ian

Last edited by IC Smoke; 12-06-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I have a set of 285's on mine BFG A/T and they suck on anything slippery. I would rather have bought another tire, but I was in a pinch and it was the only set they had in at the time.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

mine work good, just wear to fast, as far as traction they are ok but if you have weight in your bed they are good.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im running the new BFG MT KM2s in 35/12.50/17. So far they are great.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Diesel Fan

currently running bfg 315s...
Name:  truck5.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  68.2 KB

like them so far, no wobbled or anything. plan on going to toyo ats or procomp xatsafter these wear out

Old 12-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm running the BFG AT KO's on H2's. I have 20K on them, NO problems whatsoever. They go just fine in all weather conditions, run quiet, plenty of traction in snow. I have run BFG AT tires on several different trucks throughout the past 20 years or more. ALL have gotten great mileage. When I wear the set out that I have now, I will be buying another set.

I just put a set of BFG AT's on my Jeep Wrangler this past Sunday. The stock GoodYear Wranglers were dead at 22K. I expect to see over 40k out of them like I did on my previous Jeep.

The real secret to running the BFG AT's and getting good lifespan, is to watch your pressure and rotate them frequently. I always put a UV protection on them on a regular basis as well. I have run them on 3 trucks and 2 Jeeps for over 20 years, all of the sets I have bought have given me a minimum of 40K+ lifespan. I only experience death wobble once in over a million miles total - narrowed that own to a bad U-joint and a bad ball joint.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:37 PM

well I ran a set for about 20k and let me tell you, towing my 5th wheel or gooseneck they sucked. there was lots of sway in the truck with only about 15k on it, especially in the turns. In the rain not towing they were too squirly. i would actually have to drive a tad bit slower in most turns because it felt like i was about to loose it. I'm not sure if this was because they were on stock rims or what. I have done alot of research and talked to alot of tire shops because i really liked the look of them on the truck and wondered if there was a way to fix it. what I have heard alot of people say is the rubber compound bfg uses is not as strong as others.

I got fed up with the bfg's and gave them to a buddy for racing. I ended up going with the Toyo A/T's and i couldnt be happier. i have about 30k on them and about half that is heavy towing. i can't believe i tried this but i can take corners in the rain about 20mph over the posted speed and they grip real tight. one of the big problems i had with the bfg's was they were too easy to light up. that was when i was running about 350 horses to the wheels. Remarkable with almost 500 horses to the ground the Toyo's are very and i mean very hard to spin.

sorry for the long write up, but i think you have to ask yourself what your going to do with your truck. If it is just a daily driver and you dont tow heavy ever then they will probably work fine, but if you drive your truck like a truck most of the time then I dont think you will be happy with them. there are lots of other options out there to choose from

Quick Reply: Who's Running 315 BFG's