5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

power and smoke??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 02:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power and smoke??

i have a 06 cummins and i would like to know how to make it smoke like a train!!
i also have a neighbor who has a pretty fast chipped powerstroke and i would like to shut him up already..i have a triple disk torque converter, k&n air intake, and a 4" straight pipe..i was thinking about getting the diablo or superchips plug n play but i was wondering if i can go any higher in hp with out having to do anymore modifications..if u guys could please help a cummins brother out..

Old 02-02-2011, 06:21 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

get a smarty or look into the new EFI live coming soon! Tires are a bit big to shut anybody down unless you get a turbo and sticks! Lucky for you your neighbor has a ford just race him a few times he'll blow it up! Then you can tow him home for the ultimate smack down!

Old 02-02-2011, 04:21 PM
BRE
Diesel Wrench
Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by nmsucummins
i have a 06 cummins and i would like to know how to make it smoke like a train!!
Why dont we go for more than smoke? I mean this is just an idea? I mean this exact quote is what is wrong with our sport. Just saying...

Old 02-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are just trying to make it smoke stick a rag in the turbo but if your looking for more power I would decide how much more power you are wanting and start from there. There are so many choices from 40 hp tuners to 200 hp chips it just depends on how big you wanna go and how much money you want to spend.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 PM

alot of people recommend the smarty tnt but will i need to do more modifications to the engine?..i want around 140 to 170 horses..can i run that with out making major modifications?..

Old 02-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The super chips isnt anything special not worth the money but mine was freee sooooo id save your money and get the smarty i have other obligations so thats why i havent droped the loot yet.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the same year truck as you man...... I have about the same mods..... I bought a superchip and I hate it! Go with a smarty, you can change the settings to get your smoke and power! You don't have to do mods to put that chip in. Another good mod though is a fuel lift, an injectors! Don't listen to the guy up there, black smoke for diesel is AWESOME! Don't get me wrong though, the more power you have, the more smoke you'll get! You can do superchips if your on a budget, but honestly it's a waste of time!

Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 PM
BRE
Diesel Wrench
Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeats22
Don't listen to the guy up there, black smoke for diesel is AWESOME!
I assume your talking about me?
Its reasons like this that people my age will never see the fun side of this sport and way of life for some like others have because we have to many kids out there with mommy and daddys credit cards spending unearned money because they wanna blow smoke. I mean dear god what ever happened to liking the smoke as a byproduct of power? Why would you want to just shoot for smoke? If you want smoke cover the freakin air filter up with a trash bag.

Last edited by BRE; 02-03-2011 at 12:17 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by BRE:
5.9Bronco...eventually (02-13-2011), 7.3 Cowboy (02-03-2011), GuyWithA24Valve (02-14-2011), heavy hauler (02-04-2011), Rob_wells06 (02-12-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 12:49 PM

thanks guys, i think im going to go with the smarty and buy me an airdog 150 as well..

Old 02-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BRE
I assume your talking about me?
Its reasons like this that people my age will never see the fun side of this sport and way of life for some like others have because we have to many kids out there with mommy and daddys credit cards spending unearned money because they wanna blow smoke. I mean dear god what ever happened to liking the smoke as a byproduct of power? Why would you want to just shoot for smoke? If you want smoke cover the freakin air filter up with a trash bag.
I see both sides of the argument but if your going to waste fuel on smoke id rather be wasting it making power but to each your own we all waste money in different ways

Quick Reply: power and smoke??