5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Injector Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Injector Question

I've been doing some research being new to Diesel BOMB'ing. When it comes to buying aftermarket injectors ive seen full injectors or just injector nozzles. Can you put an aftermarket nozzle on a stock injector and add HP? There are tons of injectors and nozzles out there and i would appreciate some input from some of the more experienced guys.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:24 AM
BOMBARDIER

Received 338 Likes on 289 Posts

thats the way u do it when u just get nozzles. u take ur stock injectors, and swap just the nozzles

The following users liked this post:
Here_Have_A_Bullet (12-22-2010)
Old 01-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Diesel Fan

it just depends on the stock injectors to what you need to do u need to have them tested first to make sure ur stock injectors are ok. If they come back and everything is good then yes do nozzles but if there bad well then u know that answer... but the question is now why are you wanting injectors?? IMO i would go with a good programmer and other mods before injectors, with injectors you would really need to go with a little bigger turbo to be 100% efficient and get the HP out of them. If you just do bigger injectors your just gonna get alot of smoke and your egts are gonna be really hot, you will gain sum hp though just not as much as if you do it all right. I guess being that you said you are new to this i dont want you to think if you just put bigger injectors in it thats were your getting the power and thats not necessarily the first place to start In my opinion.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Miller Lite Drinkin'Coach
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

And on a cr after so big of injector you will starve the rail for fuel and still won't get the full potential out of the injectors.... I'm thinking bout 90 horse is as much as you would want to go before a bigger cp3 is needed for more fuel... But then your back at the turbo problem again... You can't just add fuel and expect to make power you need air too... You could turn the boost up to a point then you'll get out of the map on the turbo and just be blowing hot air... Hope this helps

Old 01-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Diesel Fan

Helps out alot guys. I'm not putting injectors on anytime soon. Probably just a SMARTY until I can afford a tranny upgrade for more mods. Thanks for the input.