5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Others Driving My Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Others Driving My Truck?

are our truck not meant to be able to withstand someone besides a diesel guy driving them? If someone borrows my truck should I have to give them a list of stuff to wait for and not to do right away? Lets say I've had a couple() too many to drink and we are out; its cold outside. She gets the keys and I tell her to not crank the truck and wait for the light to go off(ie. which light, where, did it come on yet, etc.) then crank. Don't drive off right away, wait a few for it to warm up then take it easy. Don't get in and out of the pedal as much as her gas car. Let it cool down afterwards before turning off. Is all this stuff really necessary? Some things cannot be explained at particular time like mentioned above. Should I just throw the keys and not worry about it?

Old 11-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

dont worry have the same problem here. give the keys over to her and get the wait for what light?? you mean i need to take it easy. yah no fun wish i could drink and get drunk then be sober in a few mins so i dont have to let anyone else drive my truck

Old 11-12-2007, 10:54 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 259 Likes on 201 Posts

Nothing wrong with that man. My wife almost treats starting or shutting down the truck as if it is life or death to do it that exact way. She even wants to jump the guy at the shop when it goes in for an oil change ( I know that damn light didn't go out that fast ) before starting.

I am with ya 100%.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 492 Likes on 383 Posts

Don't worry. I have a list too. My wife always ells me driving my truck is too much work.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Cetane
Don't worry. I have a list too. My wife always ells me driving my truck is too much work.
Sounds to me like a good confirmation that you did a very good preparation job

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Cetane (11-13-2007)
Old 11-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 492 Likes on 383 Posts

I'll tell ya this. Having these trucks and their requirements sure does sort out the people that need to borrow a truck vs the ones that just think they need one.

I've had a couple people that by the time I get done with "the list" they've suddenly found a way to get everything they need with their car.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:56 AM
BOMBARDIER
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Had the same prob with my sexier half, so this summer while on vaction with the 5ver she got broke in on how ,what ,why and when. Now she gets after me if the pyro runs to high. She still don't like watchin all the guages tho.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't let anyone except my dad drive my truck.. and he only drives it VERY rarely.. I think he's driven it twice in 3 years... The only reason I let him drive it is because he owns a cummins as well, and KNOWS how. My wife won't touch my truck with a 10 foot pole, as far as driving it goes.. And I won't let anyone else drive it. I am paranoid.

Scott

Old 11-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Aaron
Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Wow, these trucks are just things. I never give any instructions when someone wants to borrow my truck. I would rather someone ask me to borrow my truck than ask me to help them move.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts

no one drives my truck!.... period!
if they can't fix it or afford to they don't drive it and break it!

sorry if i sound like an ***.. i have learnt from the past..
i put corbeau racing seats with 4 point hitch harness in my 300zx so my farther can't fit his fatt butt in it!

Quick Reply: Others Driving My Truck?