5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

possible purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible purchase

hey yall, i found a 05 common rail lifted on 35"s with just shy of 288k. if i were to buy this what are yall thinking id have to replace down the road. injectors? lift pump? only asking cause i dont know as much about the common rails as the 2nd gens. if yall could list any things yall had to replace on your trucks and at what milage it'd help me alot making my decision between a 24v and common rail.

thanks for yalls time.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Depends how it was taken care of! Auto? Any aftermarket parts? Really need to know this first! What has already been replaced and when?

Old 07-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Personally, I'd be leary of such a relatively new truck with that many miles.. My guess is it was used for hotshotting. This can be good, because USUALLY, the owners are religious about maintenance, but if the trans is an auto and stock, I'd make sure to knock a few grand off the asking price, just so you'll have enough $$ to put a built trans in, because it will probably need trans work soon with that many miles...
Scott

Old 07-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dieseljunkie
Personally, I'd be leary of such a relatively new truck with that many miles.. My guess is it was used for hotshotting. This can be good, because USUALLY, the owners are religious about maintenance, but if the trans is an auto and stock, I'd make sure to knock a few grand off the asking price, just so you'll have enough $$ to put a built trans in, because it will probably need trans work soon with that many miles...
Scott
good call. i guess ill just have to crawl under it and take a look. its auto, 6" lift, 35"s and to my knowledge, has had nothing replaced except for regular maintenance.