5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

P0192

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0192

i got a P0192 common rail circuit low voltage code on an '05 dodge what causes this code to be thrown?

Old 11-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

possible LP problem or bad connection at the fuel pressure sensor, if its the sensor those are around $750 I think ball park not to sure exact amount. You can buy one directly from Cummins I will just need your engine serial number. Cheaper way to go.
You didn't get a another code P0483 Fan Speed?????
if so check the wiring front drivers side of engine block under truck make sure the wires are good. probly wouldn't hurt to just check them anyways its free won't cost you any money. see if the connector is ok and wires are not broken or cut. its for the fan and Crank POS sensor and rail pressure sensor is in their also I think I can't remember if it is. you can follow the wires from the FPS down and see if they are with the other sensors.
Is this truck all stock? rail pressure gauge maybe? if so was it acting up also?
Or you can take it to dealer and let them diagnose it then if its the wiring or sensor tell them thanks and drive truck home and buy the part your self and fix it. I think that the dealer to change that sensor is around 1200 bucks mostly money for the part.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the truck is all stock except for a quadzilla x zillarator i changed the fuel filter and the code cleared it's self. it's my sisters truck and the next bomb is a rail pressure gauge. thanks for the input i'll check the wires to.