5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I need to know what this hole is in the air intake can someone tell me if I need to plug this. I checked my biddys truck and he has the same thing but neither know what it is or why it is not filled. Please help. Ok so I cannot upload the photo. Please will someone look on their 610 and tell me what I should do.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

I posted a pic in another thread. Please look at the other post for the pic.

Last edited by cumminthru; 09-15-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 367 Likes on 251 Posts

I'm not seeing a picture, Are you sure your not seeing a hole for the factory air filter minder? The afe has a location to install the filter minder. Alot of "diesel performance" companys overlook the minder when installing an intake!

Old 09-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

i knew a kid that used that hole as an expresse starting fluid delivery system he's lucky the intake didnt go sky high; oh well. his truck to ruin; not mine

well i found your other thread... and this kid was using the hole where the filter minder should have been not that hole... sounds like mysterync has you all straightened out

Last edited by tower_ofpower; 09-15-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The hole I am tAlking about is on the intake side not the filter side. Please help I am worried.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

as mysterync stated in your other thread it was used to ground the grid heater... if your worried about a potential boost leak take a pocket screw driver down in the hole... if you hit bottom then your good to go... if you dont... then start the truck up and hold your hand over the hole... even tho you wont read any pressure on the manifold the trubo does still flow plenty of air to blow out of a hole that size

no air flow; no leak

Last edited by tower_ofpower; 09-16-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost