5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

What gives!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What gives!?!

Starting to get irritated...My '03 has developed a "hiccup" when at idle. Only happens when its at running temperature. Sometimes, while waiting for the light to turn green, she'll stumble, as if it dropped a cylinder or two. The only code It's thrown was a "fan speed", just prior to the serpantine belt shredding itself, and stuffing itself into the fan and a/c clutches. So far, I've been told it could be either fuel pump, out prop on the injector pump, or an injector issue. Dodge thinks the injectors are going south-when I spoke to an injector shop and gave them the symptoms, they didn't think injectors were the problem. Anyone out there had a similar issue?

Old 09-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

What's the fuel pressure at idle, hows the fuel filter, in tank pump poss. on it's way out?

Old 09-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure what the fuel pressure is- don't have that gauge. The fuel filter is fairly new, has maybe 7500 miles through it. The in-tank pump was replaced at 65,000 miles.