5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Technical Questions Quadzilla Scout and Smarty

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Technical Questions Quadzilla Scout and Smarty

Hey, new to the site and I would really appreciate some of yalls experienced input.

I need some gauges and like the looks of the Quadzilla Scout. I talked with 2 so called techs today and they both contradicted each other in telling me that their product will and can display my transmission temperature. One said it will on 2006 and up one said it wont.

How well will this product work with the smarty jr. Since the smarty is a downloader the Scout should read the correct boost pressure, right.

How much will the stock shafts hold until i need billet input, output and intermediate.

I really like the way the turbo sounds right now but i want to delete the muffler how much turbo sound goes through exhaust or gets drained out.

By the way I have a 2006 5.9 48RE 4x4 Quad Cab with icebox and torque tube. Thanks for any help.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:08 AM
BOMBARDIER

Received 667 Likes on 553 Posts

Anything over 800 lb/ft of torque and transmission upgrades are required. With the Smarty JR, you'll be fine as long as you keep the torque at or under 2 with tow or performance setting. On the Quadzilla, it should give a description on what it lists for parameter displays. But you could always go for separate gauges, IMO.