5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Juice w/ Att. vs. Bully Dog TD w/ Crazy Larry

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Juice w/ Att. vs. Bully Dog TD w/ Crazy Larry

I currently have the Juice and tude on my truck, and A friend of mine has an 06 3500 and he has the Triple Dog w/ crazy larry tune.. And he said he doesnt ever use crazy larry and just runs it on the 90hp tune. So i got to asking him if he wanted to get rid of it or maybe even trade for my Edge. I just bought my edge used for $400. He bought the BD a couple weeks after he bought the truck new and he said he paid somewhere between 550 and 600.. I was curious which one is better and what about is his BD worth with the crazy larry since it isnt offered anymore?? Otherwise since i won the gauges in the DPP giveaway, i have been thinking about trying to sell my edge for what i paid for it and get the Smarty... What do you guys think. I currently have the stock clutch so i dont want something that is going to roast my clutch right away, obviously if i turn the crazy larry on and run the poop out of it i am sure it will slip, I never had it slip with the Juice turned on level 5.... for whatever thats worth

Thanks in advance

Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 AM
BOMBARDIER
Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts

i like your second idea of selling the edge and getting the smarty

Old 02-04-2009, 10:23 AM
GRI
Diesel Bomber
Received 135 Likes on 111 Posts

you can still get the CL tune, just not from Bully dog.

I have been doing a lot of searching the last few days and if I had to choose from the two I would do the BD of edge.
a BD with outlook monitor can be had for ~400.

there are large debates about smarty and BD CL. most of it is preference. But the smarty has more adjustability and flexibility. But you'll have to get some gauges. with BD you could get the CL tune and outlook monitor and have the gauges for less than a smarty.

Last edited by GRI; 02-04-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

well the gauges are on the way. i won the 3 gauges on here from DPP and DieselMinded, and Chad PMed me yesterday and said they are on their way What do the Smartys run? And which one is the one to have.... I havent done a whole bunch of research on them, i just know that everyone says they are the best for CRs

Old 02-04-2009, 10:32 AM
BOMBARDIER
Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts

like 700 i believe

Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

dam... well then what would be a good trade? my juice/tude for his BD and some cash???

Old 02-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why dont you like the edge? Or do you just want something new? If you want more power cant you send in the edge and get it Unlocked?

If the edge works why change? I had the Bully dog power pup on my 04.5 and it slipped the T/C in my 48re on the extreme setting never mind the CL. The BD also ran pretty hot on extreme.

The nice thing about the edge is the adjust on the fly. I use it all the time. Why not have both sets of gauges. You could have pre and post pyro. You could use the Att to watch ECM info that you dont have gauges for.

All that said if your buddy wants to give you BD and $ then reinvest the diff in something else for your truck.

Either way your gonna need a clutch sooner or later.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

I just mainly want something different.. I will probably be kicking myself in the **** for getting rid of it.. but

I had a hard time drilling one hole in the manifold, i didnt want to do it.. but

I do like the adjust on the fly part of the Edge.

I realized that my edge wont work on his truck being an 06, I really want to get a smarty tho.. Thats what i really want.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Ya i know my clutch isnt going to last too much longer.... It probably would have been cheaper to stick with the edge... Oh well

Last edited by JTProuhet; 02-09-2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad to see your ready to part ways with you clutch. #5 juice killed mine. Let us know what you end up doing

Old 02-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

as of now i havent decided on anything.. I want to get a smarty, but i dont want to fork out the money... I found a PPE that if i get the money for my Edge today, i am probably going to buy, otherwise, i might just go with the BDTD.... I know that everyone loves the smarty, but i cant see spending that much money right now...

Whats the difference between the JR and SR?? A couple people i have talked to say dont even mess with the JR.. the resell value stinks on them... but i cant afford the SR....

Quick Reply: Juice w/ Att. vs. Bully Dog TD w/ Crazy Larry