5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

code problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code problem

Ok so i held my odometer button down on my dash and turned the key on all the guages did the sweep and some wierd numbers and letters came up on the mileage screen what do they mean

Old 12-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Site Mascot
Received 940 Likes on 701 Posts

write em down and tell us what ya got

Old 12-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

If you held down the trip and turned the truck on it should show you the hours on the motor.

(good way to tell how the truck was used...low miles & high hours means lots of idle time....high miles & low hours means lots of highway time)

If you turned the key 3 times and there was a CEL code it would give you the code.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Diesel Fan

ok, so i own two scanners, one snap-on solis, and one matco determinator system, scanned it with both and no trouble codes found. when the key is cycled 3x it just says "done", but when i hold the odometer button down with the key off then turn the key on, the gauges sweep and these codes show up: C-code, 67 26, A4 76, A7 55, AA 55. Then it goes to miles and back to normal.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Site Mascot
Received 940 Likes on 701 Posts

I have no clue what those are...............sounds like you have no trouble codes though

Old 12-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

C codes are Chassis codes:

Not all of yours are on this list but....

INSTRUMENT CLUSTER FAILURE MESSAGE
Fault Code Description Correction
01 Airbag warning indicator output circuit shorted. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
02 Airbag warning indicator output circuit open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
03 ABS indicator output circuit shorted. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
04 ABS indicator output circuit open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
05 MIL indicator output circuit shorted. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
06 MIL indicator output circuit open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
07 Wait to start indicator circuit shorted. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
08 Wait to start indicator circuit open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
0B BTSI output circuit shorted or open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
22 Headlamp switch input circuit shorted. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
23 Headlamp switch input circuit open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
24 Turn hazard switch input circuit shorted. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
25 Turn hazard swiitch inpot circuit open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
27 Courtesy/dome output circuit shorted or open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
28 Glovebox/map lamp output circuit shorted or open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
29 Cargo lamp output circuit shorted or open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
40 Wiper switch input circuit shorted. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
41 Wiper switch input circuit open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
42 Wash/beam input circuit shorted. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
60 Passenger door lock switch input circuit shorted. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
61 Passenger door lock switch input circuit open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
62 Passenger door lock switch input circuit stuck. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
63 Driver door lock switch input circuit shorted. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
64 Driver door lock switch input circuit open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
65 Driver door lock switch input circuit stuck. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
66 All door lock output circuit shorted to ground or voltage. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
67 All door unlock output circuit shorted to ground or voltage. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
68 Driver door unlock output circuit shorted to ground or voltage. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
6C Driver cylinder lock switch input circuit shorted. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
6E Driver cylinder lock switch input circuit stuck. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
80 Incorrect odometer value found. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
81 Remote radio switch input circuit high. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
82 Remote radio switch stuck. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
A0 Internal module FLASH memory checksum failure. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
A1 Internal module bootloader failure. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
A3 Battery voltage open. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
A5 TCCM messages not received. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
A7 VIN checksum error. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
A8 VIN previously stored. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
A9 PCI bus internal failure. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
AA PCM messages not received. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
AB TCM messages not received. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
AC ABS messages not received. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
AD FCM messages not received. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
AE ACM messages not received. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
AF SKIM messages not received. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
B0 RKE fob batteries low. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
B1 RKE module communication link. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
00 Done All Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) have been displayed.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember when you joined here, didn't you buy your truck used? From the looks of the codes I'd say the truck was wrecked in the front. If you did buy it used and don't know if it was ever wrecked look on the lips on top of the fenders (the lip normally covered by the hood). You should see "Mopar" stamped near the center of that flange. If you don't then you have aftermarket fenders, showing signs of a collision.
If you know it hasn't been wrecked just disregard all of this!

Old 01-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

I have a code question. I've gotten the code P 0111.....I installed a new air filter, wiped the sensor in the air intake tube and kept on truckin. After a few shutdown/restarts the engine light went out. Is this a B.S. code or is it something I need to attend to? Any input would be appreciated.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:14 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I held down my reset button, turned my key on and got this code.. AC 91 whats it mean

Old 01-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Diesel Fan

I did buy the truck used and im not sure if has ever been wrecked but ill check and see if it has the mopar stamp

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

mopar is stamp on both fenders PO111 is intake air tempature sensor 1 circuit it was just dirty thats why the light came on

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

mine also threw that code when the air filter was restricted

Last edited by Dragon Flow Diesel 128; 01-08-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: code problem