5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Level10 Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Level10 Transmissions

Has anyone seen this before? - dodge truck
It has a DIY rebuild kit. IDK

Josh

Old 07-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I don't care how close they are or arent to you, stay away, they do not know wtf they are doing when it comes to diesel trannies...... I do know two good friends that have gotten nothing but problems from their stuff, horrid scream fights on the phone........ denials...... constant leaks....... in the end one of my friends went with Goerend parts installed by an authorized installer that also did a photo shoot while tearing down the tranny to find out what was inside.... level 10's response ? how do we knwo that was what was taken out of your truck. major screwed for major money. Stick to someone who specializes in diesel or get what you pay for.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Diesel Wrench

All I needed to know. Thanks
I think I'll drive the 250 miles when it comes time and have Goerend do it personally.

Josh

Old 08-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jstange2
All I needed to know. Thanks
I think I'll drive the 250 miles when it comes time and have Goerend do it personally.

Josh
I'm one of the guys Mikmaze was talking about. I paid 6k to have a trans done by Level 10. It was back 3 times to have the converter stalled and the only reason they got it right the third time was because I talked to their converter supplier directly and told them what I wanted. (Precision Industries)
I took it back awhile later after I upped the HP and when I got it back the converter would not lock till 70 mph. I took the truck to Lannings Diesel in Pa. who is an authorized Goerend builder and had them rebuild the trans again and we found that the Level 10 clutches and band were starting to burn and they were total crap. Also found out that there was no billit shafts inside the trans and I was supposed to have billit input and intermediate.
I am however extremely pleased with my new Goerend trans, it shifts much much better and now I know that all the parts I paid for are in the trans.

Do yourself a favor and run away from Level 10.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Diesel Wrench

Originally Posted by AEzzo
I'm one of the guys Mikmaze was talking about. I paid 6k to have a trans done by Level 10. It was back 3 times to have the converter stalled and the only reason they got it right the third time was because I talked to their converter supplier directly and told them what I wanted. (Precision Industries)
I took it back awhile later after I upped the HP and when I got it back the converter would not lock till 70 mph. I took the truck to Lannings Diesel in Pa. who is an authorized Goerend builder and had them rebuild the trans again and we found that the Level 10 clutches and band were starting to burn and they were total crap. Also found out that there was no billit shafts inside the trans and I was supposed to have billit input and intermediate.
I am however extremely pleased with my new Goerend trans, it shifts much much better and now I know that all the parts I paid for are in the trans.

Do yourself a favor and run away from Level 10.
Thanks for the info. Sorry you got burned.

Josh