5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Death Of R Front Steer Tire By Bottle In Road!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Cowgirl with a Cummins
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Angry Death Of R Front Steer Tire By Bottle In Road!!

soooo i had a grreeat nite. blew up a steer tire on my pickup. I was rounding the corner to turn into sizzler for dinner, and as i got up to the corner i felt my tire jump like i ran sumthing over, and i hear a crunch/dull thud, it loud enough to startle me. over my engine. i look in my mirror to see what i hit and i see nuthing unusual just a circle on the ground, so i figure it was a loose manhole cover, no biggie right? WRONGO!! i drive 10-20 more feet to park off the street thinking all is well. i hop out the pickup to hear sumthin like some one is holding down the trigger on an air compressor hose!! PPPSSSSHHHHHHH!!!! immmediately i know i didnt hit a manhole and go to the passenger side too see my tire is already halfway flat, mind you its been about 30 seconds to a min since i ran whatever over. i am like s**t. its my moms bday dinner and here i am w a fricking blown a$$ tire! i walk to the street too see a small pile of glass, the remnants of a bottle someone left in the road, that was whole till i hit it( i was looking for my fam cars and didnt see it, its really my fault but.. what can you do.)wellll by the time i get back to my truck its sitting on the rim. bout 5 min. i am heated!!! at this point. absolutely fricking pissed, so i go inside and tell my mom and dad and my mom insists on calling roadside service rather than letting me change the tire, even though im perfectly capable. so he gets there and i go out he asks me where to jack the truck up from, im thinking, um this is something you should know, but i kept my cool and showd him and then told him hed have to put a bottle jack under my shock mount or my axle on that side to lift it enough to get the inflated tire on because his jack wouldnt lift the truck high enuff for the inflated tire , only high enough to get the flat one off. so he did and i had to show him where that was too.he manages to get it off and there is a perfect 1/2 circle of deeply embedded glass that cut clean thru two treads and all the way into the tire the shards were HUGE and the tire cannot be fixed maybe patched on the inside and used for my spare only. but this 1/2 circle is like 3 in across its huge.you can literally see where the bottle exploded, or it looks like half the bottle(the broken bottom half) was sitting like if you were setting it down to stand up on its own, on the road and i drove over it, and the jagged edges just sliced right thru the tire. he finally gets my spare on and by that time my fam finished dinner and the cake without me, i didnt get to finish mine or eat cake w my mom, they were leaving as i walk in. so i was even more mad that i didnt get to finish dinner or have cake w my mom, my tire is dead, my rims no longer match, my tires are worn and im going to need new ones very soon, and to top it ALLL off my transmission is acting like its bout ready to take a crap on me. ohhh boy
Name:  100_3355.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  110.7 KB
Name:  100_3358.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  57.6 KB
Name:  100_3368.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  98.8 KB
Name:  100_3377.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  98.2 KB
Name:  100_3379.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  96.8 KB
Name:  100_3362.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  104.4 KB

Old 07-19-2008, 12:39 AM
BOMBARDIER
Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts

that is a sh**ty *** night. Those road side service guys are kinda like the guys at auto zone...they dont have a f**kin clue about sh*t.

i would have this moved to the badlands so we dont have f**kin do that evey time we use a f**kin swear word

Old 07-19-2008, 12:41 AM
Cowgirl with a Cummins

haha im still tryin to cool down so im not so sure me being able to speak freely is such a great idea. im guna get all riled up again

Old 07-19-2008, 12:47 AM
BOMBARDIER

yeah id be pissed too, but ya know what they say...ya cant have the cake and eat it too, sorry not really the time for jokes i cant help it.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Cowgirl with a Cummins

well it was my momsbday dinner, i was in the parking lot explaing how to do everything to the guy the whole damn time and missed my moms cake and her presents and my friggin dinner!!!!

Old 07-19-2008, 12:54 AM
BOMBARDIER

yeah thats the only part that really sucks, i hate missin dinner.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Cowgirl with a Cummins

it was her party i was mad bout missing....omfg i am so mad i just wana break something, point me to the that put the friggin bottle in the road!!

Old 07-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator
Received 764 Likes on 627 Posts

i remember the work tuck got a flat , we were on out lunch break going to hooters....i changed that tire in less than 10 minutes by myself.

But enough about me, thats sucks mucho. need tires?

Old 07-19-2008, 01:02 AM
BOMBARDIER
Old 07-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Cowgirl with a Cummins

like i said danny, it was a bday party i would have changed it myself but my mom insisted on calling them.... she prolly didnt want me looking like a grease monkey at her dinner, but i pretty much changed it any way, the guy was dumber than a box of rocks! did you even read what i wrote?? and i missed her party cuz he had to have me explain everything
!!!!!! omg i swear i was bout to go bonkers

Quick Reply: Death Of R Front Steer Tire By Bottle In Road!!