5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Lousy customer service

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lousy customer service

I'll start with when I bought an Edge chip Juice With Attitude way back in 2010 for my 2006 Ram, it worked great for over 10 years and then the chip gave up.
I live in Salt Lake City and it's about 40 miles from Ogden Utah where the chip is made. I called their 1-800 number and spoke with a Jose to find out about if they could repair my chip. He informed me that my chip was too old and they no longer supported repair and I would have to buy the latest model but would get a 25% discount for trade in on the old one. I then purchased over the phone a new Edge Juice With Attitude.
Since it's less than a hour drive to Ogden I asked if I could pick it up in a couple of hours rather than waiting for it to be sent by whichever carrier. Jose agreed and told me they closed a 5:00, this was at 1:00 in the afternoon. I arrived at 3:16 just over 2 hours after agreeing to pick up the chip myself.
The front door was locked so I called from my vehicle and it was answered by someone (I forgot to get his name) and I told him I was here as per Jose to pick up the chip. I was put on hold for at least 15 minutes. When this person came back on the phone he informed me the package was already shipped by carrier and apologized.
I pull a heavy trailer with my truck and loved the extra power the chip gave me so I was eager to have it installed before driving 300 miles this weekend, so after agreeing to pick it up myself I called my mechanic and after re-arranging his calendar he agreed to install it that evening.
I explained my situation to who I was talking to and all he could do was apologize and say there was nothing he could do.
Since this is where the chip is manufactured and warehoused I suggested to give me one off the shelf and I would send the other one back when it arrived. He again put me on hold came back after a few minutes and stated he couldn't do that because it would upset the inventory balance.
I had to cancel my mechanic, wasted 3 hours of my time because of their simple mistake which I feel could have been fixed with just a little customer service.
I'm wandering if others had an experience which could have easily been remedied instead of ending as a terrible one?

Last edited by Ottomedic; 02-25-2022 at 09:56 PM.