5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Cummins No Start!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cummins No Start!

Hey guys,

I just removed my edge juice with attitude tuner because I was gonna put my old edge tuner back in. I was testing to see if the mpg's would be different because I am getting poor mileage. only 8 MPG! I also cleaned the engine with gunk cleaner and now when I turn the truck over it tries to but I get the code u0100. Unsure where to go from here as I am scared to take it to the stealership.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:39 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you said it was working good before you clean the engine.
check the two plugs that the edge plugs into are connected properly and all other connection that you did not unplug them with the pressure washer.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:05 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

1. Check fuse if you had it wired into fuse box- (31?)
2. Check battery connections- any corrosion? Loose connections?
3. Check under kick panel- wire come removed during uninstalling?
4. Hook up juice again and see if it'll crank.

8mpg- hand calculated?

Old 04-26-2017, 09:38 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I re-installed the edge juice with attitude and then the truck started up fine. I am still unsure as to why I am getting such poor mileage. I know having 37's won't help but my mileage shouldn't be suffering that much. I am only getting 400-500 km's out of a tank which is equivalent to 300 miles. what do you guys think? I think maybe the injectors are done or could this be a tuning problem? This truck has seen multiple tuners in its life (H&S, bulldog & edge)

Old 04-27-2017, 06:41 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Depends really- what gears you running? 6 inch lift with 37s?

HP tuning/EFI Live offer the best tuning. EJWA and others really just add fuel which make it run hot/smoke. If it's hill country or town driving that wouldn't surprise me. Stop and go is killer, or moving 7k+ up a hill will consume some fuel.

Make sure your air/fuel filters are clean. Injectors going out the truck would run poorly/have trouble starting,