5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Another "What's my truck worth" thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 09:46 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another "What's my truck worth" thread

I have an '03 HO Quad Cab 4x4 6 speed with over 445,000 miles on it and I'm getting ready to sell but with the miles, I have no clue what it's worth. KBB says in the $7k-$9k range last time I looked but I thought I would get some opinions on here.

I am the 2nd owner, bought it at 300k and it's been my daily driver ever since. If something wore out, I replaced it. The engine runs spectacular and still gets the same great mileage as when I bought it, the chassis is solid and well maintained, interior is showing wear but not anywhere near what you would expect with the mileage. Really the biggest problem is Iowa/Wisconsin salt has been eating at the rockers and wheel wells for 14 years.

What do you guys think?

Old 02-16-2017, 08:15 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Richards answer- whatever someone will pay you for it.

i would take a look on Craigslist and see what other similar trucks are going for IN YOUR AREA- I'm guessing there are not too many others with that high mileage of mileage up there due to rot but if it's your dd and you have maintenance records use your best judgement. I personally hate the Nada or Kbb since they are not real accurate IMO. Just have a bottom dollar set in mind and place an add for a couple k more - put yourself in the buyers shoes

sorry for the long reply with no real $$$

Old 02-17-2017, 10:06 AM
Diesel Fan

I looked on Craigslist and Autotrader a few weeks ago within 200 miles of here, the cheapest truck I found over 300k was still $10k, but was a little better on the rust. It's a tough call, think I'll throw an average price and see what happens.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:11 AM
Diesel Fan

Here are a few pics

Attached Thumbnails Another "What's my truck worth" thread-truck-1.jpg   Another "What's my truck worth" thread-truck-2.jpg   Another "What's my truck worth" thread-truck-3.jpg