5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Fire punk or goerend????

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 11:40 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fire punk or goerend????

I'm buying parts for my tranny build and think I have narrowed it down to 2 choices,anybody run fire punk or goerend valve body's? I'm going to buy one but can't decide, fire punks is under 600 for complete valve body and goerend is 770 complete with the upgraded gm selonoid kit. They both sound good but input would be great. My truck is a 05 Cummins 4x4 mostly stock other then 5" mbrp,afe cold air and intake horn,after tranny build I'll be adding a smarty so I want good strong reliable upgrades.thank u

Old 01-25-2017, 03:13 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigdegolier
I'm buying parts for my tranny build and think I have narrowed it down to 2 choices,anybody run fire punk or goerend valve body's? I'm going to buy one but can't decide, fire punks is under 600 for complete valve body and goerend is 770 complete with the upgraded gm selonoid kit. They both sound good but input would be great. My truck is a 05 Cummins 4x4 mostly stock other then 5" mbrp,afe cold air and intake horn,after tranny build I'll be adding a smarty so I want good strong reliable upgrades.thank u
cant go wrong with either. Everything I have read in Goerend has been great and I have heard of trucks running firepunks setup with success. I

Goerneds VB is made to go with their TC and is not conpatiable with other converters (I would double check but thinks that was my understanding when looking at their parts) if you are going with Goerends TC then get the matching VB. I have friends that run both on street and drag strip.

If if you are using another brand converter then go with firepunks setup. Just my $.02!

Old 01-25-2017, 05:34 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank u