5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

dodge life problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 09:34 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default dodge life problems

hey guys been awhile since i posted on here, but im having a ton of problems with my 07 2500,

i just put fox shocks, metal cloak control arms, all new front brakes calipers rotors pads last week, i put eh thuren track bar in her back in febuary, i have 2 1/2 extreme duty springs, i also have rear airbags, and my truck has factory wheels with 35 trail grapplers

1 of my problems is, that driving down the road it pulls left consistantly makes your hand tired, and when you press the brakes it slightly pulls to the right, then straightens up, i was kinda thinking i needed to replace the rear brakes, but it feels like its being pulled from the front, so im not sure is there any other problems i might be missing, i know wheel bearings are tight to. my mechanic couldnt figure it out, im gonna send it back but id like some ideas to give him!

now my next issue is that, my truck when cruising at 20km everytime it just upshifts n down shifts constantly until you speed up or slow down, so when im driving in the parking lots my trucks revving up and down up and down, it does it at like 50km aswell 65ish i believe to, or in that area, will a tune fix this? drives me effin nuts when im plowing snow or hauling.

my third issue is...... tipm... not impressed at all with that nonesense, is there a way around is i miss having 2 headlights and high beams, but its hard to cough 4 digits after all this other crap im fixing for a not even "fixed" issue that could fail again in a cpl years...

any input would appreciated,

Old 12-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like the left caliper is seized, causing some friction while the brakes are disengaged, pulling the truck left.. Then, when you hit the brake, the one free caliper (passenger side) engages, and yanks everything the other direction.

The gear-hunting issue, I'm not so sure about.

And your TIPM woes may be quelled here: TIPM Repair & Bypass Solutions for 2007-2014 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/VW Vehicles

Old 12-13-2016, 11:16 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Pulling- has it done it since you installed the new track bar? Can your model be adjusted to compensate? Have you done steering stabilizer lately? I had same issue with stock wheels, 35s, and left pull- I put a Bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer and it fixed me.

Trans- sounds like you need a govner solenoid and transducer. Shuttle shift from 1-2 or hunting is really common. A Borg Warner solenoid and transducer (generic) should run about $60 - drop the trans pan and they are easy to replace. You'll need 5-7 quarts of mopar fluid to fill it back up depending how long it sits before you change it.

TIPM- don't bother messing with it. These trucks are so finicky with the electrical- go on Amazon and buy a 30" light bar for $50 to mount between your tow hooks. Way brighter than stock hi/lo and won't **** off your computer!

Old 12-15-2016, 06:36 AM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by GlowPlugWarrior
It sounds like the left caliper is seized, causing some friction while the brakes are disengaged, pulling the truck left.. Then, when you hit the brake, the one free caliper (passenger side) engages, and yanks everything the other direction.

The gear-hunting issue, I'm not so sure about.

And your TIPM woes may be quelled here: TIPM Repair & Bypass Solutions for 2007-2014 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/VW Vehicles
i just got brand new calipers,rotors, pads a week ago maybe 1000km on them, theres still this tiny pull everytime i hit the brakes tho

Old 12-15-2016, 06:41 AM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by CumminsCoalRoller24/7
Pulling- has it done it since you installed the new track bar? Can your model be adjusted to compensate? Have you done steering stabilizer lately? I had same issue with stock wheels, 35s, and left pull- I put a Bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer and it fixed me.

Trans- sounds like you need a govner solenoid and transducer. Shuttle shift from 1-2 or hunting is really common. A Borg Warner solenoid and transducer (generic) should run about $60 - drop the trans pan and they are easy to replace. You'll need 5-7 quarts of mopar fluid to fill it back up depending how long it sits before you change it.

TIPM- don't bother messing with it. These trucks are so finicky with the electrical- go on Amazon and buy a 30" light bar for $50 to mount between your tow hooks. Way brighter than stock hi/lo and won't **** off your computer!
no it started pulling on me i think around july/june, steering stabilizer and box brace were my next purchases,

anywhere you reccomend to buy them? does XDP sell them parts? thanks

i was thinking about that, i ordered rigidhyper spot for some "high beams" last year was thinkking about gettin some fogs for the plow, right now i gotta drive through storms n stuff to plow with my blade down and angled so my headlight can peak over it

thanks!

Old 12-15-2016, 08:38 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

1 Axle and wheel alignment
2 Front band adjust or solenoid replacement
3 follow that link above!

Old 12-15-2016, 11:36 AM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by dangerous1965
1 Axle and wheel alignment
2 Front band adjust or solenoid replacement
3 follow that link above!
im not seeing on that site where it says anything about headlights, or even a ram truck? seems more into the fuel pump problems of the suvs or what ever there calleed

Old 12-15-2016, 04:40 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Han.Solo.Berger
no it started pulling on me i think around july/june, steering stabilizer and box brace were my next purchases,

anywhere you reccomend to buy them? does XDP sell them parts? thanks

i was thinking about that, i ordered rigidhyper spot for some "high beams" last year was thinkking about gettin some fogs for the plow, right now i gotta drive through storms n stuff to plow with my blade down and angled so my headlight can peak over it

thanks!
Geno's Garage is where I got my Bilstein 5100 stabilizer- I thought about doing the stabilizer box brace kit from Hell Bent Steel but I am happy enough with just the stabilizer. Plowing im sure you could use the extra support!

Old 12-21-2016, 10:01 AM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by CumminsCoalRoller24/7
Geno's Garage is where I got my Bilstein 5100 stabilizer- I thought about doing the stabilizer box brace kit from Hell Bent Steel but I am happy enough with just the stabilizer. Plowing im sure you could use the extra support!
alright, yah ill just grab mine from XDP im comfortable ordering from there, thanks for the input guys, today tho she not wanting to go into 3rd until about 2300 rpm, soo shes being sent in!

The following users liked this post:
Allen@XDP (12-26-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the high beam issue:
I wired a 5 prong relay onto mine so that when I click the low beams off it triggers the relay to send power to the high beams.

You'll need to use some kind of switched 12v source or your high beams will come on anytime your low beams are not on.