5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

2004.5 cummins injector issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004.5 cummins injector issue

so a few weeks ago I had my buddy install reman ii 100hp injectors feed tubes head studs all that happy stuff well when I got the truck back I could tell it was running like new again after replacing every fuel component in the last 6 months well had the retorque done
over the weekend on the head studs then got it back and didn't seem to run the same first the intercooler boot came of at the intake horn fixed it with new clamp well then still didn't seem all their I pull off the valve cover looking at the injector wire checking for loose nuts look at #6 it appears the wires are backwards on the injector so I switch them to how the others look still doesn't seem to fix it only made it worse the truck spit out a p2149 code for rear three injectors voltage for supply group b I switched them back to how they were back to being opposite truck still isn't running top notch and every pic I have seen on google the wires should be if looking at the injectors brown on the right post and red on the left post of the injector now here is my question are they polarity sensitive? and maybe when I switched them around to how they should be did I not straighten the wire out and it grounded out on the rocker arm ? or since the one got hooked up backwards it ruined the injector? they are three weeks old I'm gonna try and ohm it later if it quits raining ( no garage to get my truck into ) mods are as follows smarty jr fass 150 new fleece cp3k head studs s&b cai gauges ii 100hp remans new feed tubes all the fuel componets were done with in the last 6 months any ideas if anyone could help out has a 5in tbe straight pipe

Old 12-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

If i remember correctly every other injector has the same colored wires, so check them to see if they match on each post. Also you got remanned injectors, so if it doesn't run the same, its probably the remanned injectors. Don't buy remanned injectors.

The following users liked this post:
murphyj452 (12-06-2016)
Old 12-06-2016, 03:25 PM

trust me wasn't my first idea to buy remans I got them from industrial injection a few buddies have bought remans and new from them with just great luck apparently with talking to them they aren't polarity sensitive I did switch the one injector wires that didn't match ones that were the same color then boom throws p2149 code so I gotta ohm them and see whats going on its gonna be something as simple as a ground most likely but I appreciate the help and with that being said and them being remans it woke it up from the stock ones this truck has been a night mare for me just one thing after another it will run tip top when it wants to

Old 12-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Your valve cover gasket could be throwing that code. I would start of by cleaning the connections and clear the code. Then go from there

Old 12-06-2016, 05:16 PM

I don't know how it would cause it my connectors don't go through the gasket like the 06+ I will have to ohm everything out an d check for burnt wire or bad solenoid