5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

2006 2500 Cummins 6" Lift 38's

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 2500 Cummins 6" Lift 38's

Hey guys im looking at purchasing a 2006 cummins 2500 with around 123,000 miles on it im a little concerned on a few issues and was looking for some opinions. First of all the truck is lifted 6" with 38's and the truck has an edge programmer on it and a trans controller it shifts really well but it concerns me with the 38's the longevity of the transmission. The trans looks like it may have been built do to the fact it is painted blue and has an aftermarket pan on it which leads me to believe it was pulled and built at one point. another thing on the freeway the truck at 55mph on the speedo really about 66mph with that size tires sits about 2300rpm is this normal? or could the trans not be locking up? The truck looks like the previous owner dumped a good amount of money into it but when your spending $25,000 dollars on something i want to make sure its going to be reliable. The truck also has an airdog lift pump, banks intake, and who knows what else. Any advice would be great i was going to have a diesel performance shop look the truck over to also give me there opinions before i dump the money. i will say if i do buy it i will be a very happy Cummins owner as i have been waiting 6 years to finally get the truck of my dreams.

Thanks.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:51 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Well it's up for debate what's good and bad- definitely check the front end components and make sure everything is tight. 38s will put a beating on those parts. The speedometer being off sounds about right but the rpms are screaming for that speed. I'm guessing it was regeared to accodimate for the larger tires. With my built 48re triple disc and 35s 65mph I'm about 1800rpm (4:10 gears I believe) - is it edge juice with attitude? I would ask who built the trans and what was done- have injectors been done? Any blow by? assume nothing!