5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

TORQUE CONVERTER COOLER DELETE

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 11:55 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TORQUE CONVERTER COOLER DELETE

Aloha everyone i have been without a truck for a while so this is what i have now 2006 Dodge ram 2500 110K miles just purchased it a couple days ago. the truck is in really good condition with the exception of the dreaded TC cooler leaked into the trans and ATF is now spread through out the cooling system i have all the stuff to flush the engine. I have looked on the forum for the DELETE procedure on the site but have not found anything. since i live in Hawaii i don't think i need it anyway. I have spoken with Dennis at ATS and will be ordering a stage 1 trans and a 5 star Torque converter soon. Anyone done this and can tell me what i am going to need to get rid of this thing would be much appreciated coolant side plug sizes ? and if i just need to loop the to ends of the transmission fluid back on themselves or plug at Trans ? its good to have a Diesel again. Only reason we have decided to get one is that Diesel has come down from above $4 a gallon to $2.93 at Costco hope it stays that way. Price of living in paradise I guess thanks for any help. I just got the cooler out and the systems are draining out now should say dripping.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Go get an aftermarket TC cooler. Paid 85 bucks for mine on eBay. Figure the cooler is there for a reason.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:18 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat exchanger is there to ruin your transmission

I have had mine off for awhile now and have also used a temp gun and my trans is no cooler or hotter than it was before just now I won't ruin a $5,000 transmission because an $85 part failed
I live in Hawaii so I don't need my trans to warm up any quicker thx

Old 01-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I just had my trans done and they "deleted" my cooler/heater the easiest way I have seen. They simply took a pair of vise grips and pinched the top line on the cooler so no fluid can pass through it- it's a dead end. Looking at it from the front of the truck it is toward the upper right corner