5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Electronic Waste gate controler

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Waste gate controler

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the electronic waste gate controller (silonoid) on my '07 5.9. Lately the truck has been throwing the code P0243 again. When It was doing it last summer, after doing some research, I found the problem was a broken wire on the pigtail leading to the controller, I fixed the break and all was fine till about a month ago when it started throwing the code again. I crawled under the truck expecting to see another break in the wire but instead I can plainly see that where the two wires go into the controller, the cover over the wires is split and and green with corrosion. I can not fix that! What I am wondering is, is there a way to eliminate the electronic part of the turbo by using a boost elbow and the waste gate fooler cap and what else do I need? The turbo on the truck is stock and works just fine for what I do with it. everything is stock, I don't want to have to upgrade to an aftermarket piece just to eliminate that, I can get just the controller through work, but figured if there was a way to eliminate it altogether, I would. Thanks for any input!